Labeling A Rod For Those With Bad Penmanship?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Sloan Craven, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    I'm building a trout rod for a friend. I want to label it but my penmanship leaves a lot to be desired. Any thoughts on alternative ways to personalize it?
  2. WABOWMAN Active Member

Port Townsend,WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    I have my daughter do it.Or you can get stickers through Mud Hole.
  3. Matthew LeBret Active Member

clarkston, wa
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    I sent a PM but with the new format I'm not sure it sent
  4. NIrodneck Member

Dover,ID
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I print mine out on either white water slide material or holographic both set for inkjet printers.
  5. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +226 / 3
    Nirodneck, where do you get that water slide material, and how does it work?
  6. NIrodneck Member

Dover,ID
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I used to get it from decal connection but now i buy it on ebay. The holo material I get from Swampland when they have it. The white is much easier to deal with than the holo and looks better on small dia. blanks like fly rods.Here is a link showing how to make them using clear waterslide. With the white you can skip the part about having to put athread underwrap under the decal. If you use the clear unless you are on a white or very light blank your decal won't show up without the underwrap. The decal process is the same though.
    http://www.rodbuildingtutorials.com/Misc. Tutorials/decal_making_tutorial by David Rogers.pdf

if you look down at the oregon state rod I posted that has a holo decal on it.