lake ballinger???

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by devon15, Apr 1, 2008.

1. so im looking to head out on lake balanger one of these early mornings,,fly fishing know how would you fish it like? top water hopeing for a hatch or sub surfice or how???????

2. Tie on a olive or black small leech with some flash. Use a sinking line. troll it fast and give it action.

3. well im in a float tube so that would be tuff

4. devon15,

Sorry to sound like an a-hole, but you are not making the best first impression on this forum. You have commented on how you have been fishing your entire life, etc. etc. and asking for LOTS of info. When someone does give you the information you ask (i.e. putting on the small bugger with some flash and trolling fast) you argue. It is not tough (or tuff). Just kick and strip. It honestly sounds like you want someone to give you the name of a lake, tie a fly on your rod, tell you what to do and where, then do it for you, hand you the fish, and congratulate you on what a great fishman you are.

Two more suggestions.

1. Try saying thank you when someone gives you a suggestion.
    2. Learn how to spell.

5. Not a bad way to go! :thumb: and you can do it in a float tube :ray1:

6. iagree You can do it in a float tube. However, there are times when casting long and combining trolling and retrieving will get you the speed you need to entice a very predatory trout into a strike. If you can't double-haul a cast for distance, you can always cast and then feed out line while you kick away.

I don't know how long you've actually been fly fishing, but I strongly recommend learning how to double-haul cast. Because it is true that you will catch more fish the longer your fly stays in the water, being able to cast a good distance into fishy-looking spots will help your angling.

As a matter of fact, today I was looking at a section of shallow water that had some very fishy looking structure (shallow water, fallen trees, floating logs, overhanging branches, etc). However, that section of water was such that trout could easily have been anywhere inside of a 50ft x 50ft box. Since I didn't want to enter that box in order to reach the far end, I knew I could easily cover all of the water to the far end with a series of progressively longer casts, the last one easily done by double-hauling. And, yes, I did earn a 16" brown. Ta-da! A very good fight that fish did put up, too.

Good luck!
    --Dave

7. hey how about you dont talk to me anymore ok sounds good just goo and do your own russain thing k thanks

8. WOW:eek::eek:

9. Onto Pieter's comments I would add punctuation. It would be nice to read yor posts without it all running together.

As an example: "Hey[,] how about you dont talk to me anymore[?] OK[,] sounds good[.] Just go and do your own Russain thing[.] k[?] thanks[.]"

Editor's Note: Brackets are for things I have added. I also took the liberty to capitalize and fix spelling errors. And about that "Russian" comment. I hope it was about communism...

Anyway! Now, to the advice part of this post. I agree with what everyone else says. A Wooly Bugger trolled deep will almost always produce strikes, in any lake. Another thing you might want to try is Chironomids, fish them just a bit off the bottom, especially if it's sunny. If the fish are rising to hatching midges or anything else, try an emerger or an adult midge pattern like a Griffith's Gnat. All of these suggestions work on most lakes, for most people, most of the time.

Oh yeah, a note on float tubes, too. You can do anything that you can do in a pontoon on a lake in a float tube, usually better. The only thing I find that gets me down on my tube is the speed. It's perfect for trolling, but getting from one place to the other is a pain. Hmmm....Maybe I should invent a pontoon that can launch a float tube out of it....
    -Ethan

10. Olive dyed lady Amherst as a tail. Olive dubbed body. Bright Green or gold floss "cross" ribbing and olive dyed Pheasant rump hackle. A lead underbody is good. Tie it up like a "Dry Falls Gold" but in "Wetside" colors. Cast as far as you can, kick slooooowwly and retrieve with short quick erratic strips. :beer2: And get a grip guys, these are stocker trout. You can catch them using bakers twine tied to a saftey pin with a cigarette butt stuck on it. :rofl: