Lake Crescent

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by malcolm40, Aug 22, 2007.

1. malcolm40 Member

port angeles, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Just got back from Forks and when driving to Forks this morning and coming back this afternoon I noticed quite a lot of fish jumping right along the shoreline. Some of the wakes were larger than others. I know the lake has been doing this well this year. I just haven't seen this much activity in awhile. So just a little fyi for everyone.
  2. PeteM Member

Snohomish, WA, US.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    You've got me wondering when I can get over there. It's a great lake. Something about that lake makes me want to whisper when I'm on it.

Pete
  3. Fishing Lady New Member

Maple Valley ,WA
    What kind of fish are in Cresent?
  4. kodiaksalmon Jeff B.

Muskie country!
    Beardslee (Beardsley) rainbows and Crescenti cutts.

I fished there pretty hard weekend before last and got skunked. I may have to try it again sometime.

Jeff
  5. Canoe Rider Member

Seattle, WA
    I understand you have to fish very deep for them.

I snorkeled there once - it was amazing. Gin clear water and I could see 100 plus feet to the bottom, including the odd trout swimming way down there as well.
  6. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    I took some deep water dive classes there in the 70s. Growing up in North Kitsap, we'd ski on the lake occasionally. Friend had a cabin there and a classic old wood boat. Have caught trout fly fishing in the buff straight across from the Lodge. Have run out of gas driving lakeside on curvy Hwy 101, & listened to the jake brakes from some log truck heading our way at dusk. Managed to switch tanks in the pickup and re-start in time but it was thrilling for a while.
    More than you wanted to know, I'm sure.
    That lake is one of the jewels of the state.
  7. laivindil Member

Suburbia, WA