Lake Leneice (?) access

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dfl, Apr 12, 2013.

1. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +130 / 0
    Looking at google earth it appears a road runs to the side of Lake Leneice. Can you drive to the lake shore or is it walk in only?
  2. Ben Swaner Member

Walla Walla
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    Walk in only
  3. Travis Bille Active Member

McKinleyville, CA
    Ratings: +356 / 0
    Not a very long walk though
  4. wetfeet Member

tacoma washington
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Check WDFW fish washington, it'll tell you if there is access.
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,626 / 0
    This is way to easy. Most people would rather ask here as they are to lazy to check the regs.
  6. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +93 / 0
    Come on guys, be nice. Here is the WDFW site link: http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/water_access/30151/

It merely says there is no boat launch. It does not say that that you have to get you boat over or under a locked gate, then walk about 1/4 mile on a fairly nice gravel road uphill and then steeper downhill to the lake. Certainly more info on this site than WDFW.

Wayne
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    They need to gravel or pave a road right down to the lake...someone's gonna hurt themselves hauling stuff over the gate or twist an ankle trying to portage stuff over the scrabble. ;)
  8. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +200 / 0
    If you head a little west of the locked gate, there is an opening in the fences and you don't have to go over/under the gate.

Freestone - Why gravel or pave right down to the lake? That would make no sense at all. If you stay to the right at the lake sign, it is an easy grade, mostly gravel, to the lake. What "scrabble"? The sand hill coming up can be tough depending on what you are hauling. They should probably do the same at D---y, eh?

There are plenty of places you can drive right up to the lake. If that's what you want, don't fish the Nunnally chain.

MB
    cabezon likes this.
  9. Rod Sand Member

Tacoma Wa.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    All lakes should be walk in,keep most of the garbage out.Just my 2Cents.
  10. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +93 / 0

Agreed, but ask me next time I'm hauling my boat down there.

wayne