Lake Lillian

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by cwbraue, Jul 14, 2013.

1. cwbraue

cwbraue Member

I did the short but extreme backdoor trail to Laura and Lillian lakes yesterday and tried some fishing. The lake appears to be barren. I didn't see any fish feeding all though there were insects on the water, and I didn't get a single bite though I brought my raft and tried fishing the entire lake. Is there someone we can ask to stock this lake? It's decent sized and deep and should be able to support a healthy population of fish IMO.

2. I believe Lillian has fish in it. Like any lake, the fish may not always be evident.
    D

3. johnson

johnson New Member

Fish exist in both. Its been a few years since I have been up there and I too did the short hike in. There is usually good huckleberry picking along the way in late August.

4. cwbraue

cwbraue Member

It is fished out, trust me. I covered the whole lake from top to bottom, in the shade, in the sun, in the morning, in the afternoon, and didn't see so much as a single ring the whole time.

5. CW -
    Go to the WA DFW website and download their lake stocking reports for recent years and you will see when Lillian was last stocked. Most such lakes are on a schedule for stocking every X years.

6. jroni

jroni Member

This lake is stocked by the Trailblazers. My Dad is actually the one who will be stocking it this year. He asked me add this detail: "I am the sponsor for Lillian and plan on stocking it this year with 1050 rainbow fry. I stocked it last in 2009 with 550 rainbow fry. We tried to get permission to stock it more often, every two years but the fisheries biologist for the region was reluctant to do so."