Lakes in the Okanogan

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by tippet, Sep 13, 2006.

1. tippet

tippet hardcore flyfishing addict

I will be fishing in the Okanogan area this weekend. The tough thing for me when I go there is trying to narrow down my list of lakes to fish to just two or three. Blue (Sinlahekin) has been very good to me in the fall. Ell is great, but did the fish summerkill with the shallow water conditions. I have had phenomenal fishing on Big Twin in the spring, but have only fished it once in the fall. Aeneas was fabulous a few years ago, but the quality of the fishing (for me) dropped off there, so I started going to Blue more. Chopaka can be good in the fall.

Have any of you been out for early fall fishing yet on any of these lakes? :)

2. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Long Lake north of Ell is getting treated this year, fishing is wide open till Oct.

You might try Beth, Beaver, and Lost...:thumb:

3. tippet

tippet hardcore flyfishing addict

Thanks to Roper for the info and Bhudda for the pm!

4. 509

509 New Member

Fish Lake, Blue, Chopaka, Palmer, etc. are all on the edge of the Tripod Fire. You should check for closures before going up to that part of the world. The fire camp has moved to Loomis. Try inciweb.org for the fire information number for the fire camp.

There will be a lot of fire traffic on roads plus heavy smoke in the valleys. For most of the summer the smoke has been rated as "unhealthy" in that part of the world according to articles in the Wenatchee World.

I had enough of smoke with the 94 fires to sit in it again.

5. Josh Benjamin

Josh Benjamin Member

6. 05tacoma

05tacoma Member

Wannacut fished well last mid October... not huge fish but lots of fish. Ell was OK too. I usually go over during deer season... hunt in the morning, fish during the day, and hunt again late afternoon till sundown. It's the best time of the year!