lakes with campgrounds

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by bennysbuddy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

kerry thanks for the info. TM

2. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

KS - I second that, thanks.

3. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I'll be staying at grandy, or capehorn & drive to other lakes, normally I fish blue lake on the east side ,But I think gas is going to be expensive this summer & I'm looking to find places that are't crowded or partygrounds close to m-ville

4. Camo Clad Warrior

Camo Clad Warrior Member

Hey Kerry..

When the lakes open up you can just park at the launch (which is owned by wdfw) and fish correct? I have heard a lot of good things about this lake but also heard that you had to ask permission to fish. This didnt make sense to me....any truth?

5. Islander

Islander Steve

Better get your reservations now. That place is packed in the summer.

6. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

If the gate is open just pull in, park and launch your toon or tube and your good. No need to ask anyone.

7. Camo Clad Warrior

Camo Clad Warrior Member

Thank you.

8. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Make sure you display your WDFW parking permit. Believe or not this is one of the warden's favorite places to visit early in the season. Usually they will yell out to everyone and ask that the permit be displayed but if no one answers or you don't have a permit they will write a ticket.

9. Chris Banta

Chris Banta Member

benny'sbuddy,
    if you camp in cape horn make sure when you leave to fish there is nothing valuable in your tent trailer. ( you will be lucky if your trailer isnt stripped down to the shell when you get back.)

10. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

So I'm guessing that you wouldn't buy a lot on the river at cape horn?

11. Chris Banta

Chris Banta Member

i grew up in concrete and i know some of the methheads that lived there and probably still live there. i would like to have a lot there ,but i would never feel comfortable leaving anything there. have you checked into lake tyee lots? if the prices are comparable i personally would rather have a lot in lake tyee.

12. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    made them a month ago.

13. VoglerLake

VoglerLake Michael Hayes

Home Page:
    Kerry, I do appreciate you letting folks know about the boundaries here at Vogler. The big headache with the bait fishing folks in the early years was the constant trespass and temper tantrums when they were told to vacate. I just recently insured that the road to the right does not even have "public access" concerning the easement to the back 400 acres. The signs have been confusing and I am working on making the situation clear through better signs.

I noticed that there was a question concerning me being "weird". I thank you for vouching for me. Living next to a boat launch is not an easy thing and I do try to make more friends than enemies. Over the years, I have had to deal with everything from armed/violent psychotic ranting meth heads (Concrete is 3mi away!) to a van full of babes from Sweden. Guess which group I tried to be friends with? Guess which one I sent to jail? I am simply a normal fellow living in an unusual place. And, yes, I would like to earn a living here:beathead:. Thanks again.

14. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Thanks for the info and clarification Michael. Much appreciated and I plan to find Vogler Lake this year and fish it.

15. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Michael,

Being a little strange isn't anything to be concerned about. 1st you live in the hills above Concrete. That right there will cause some to think your are a bit different. Hell, I live in the hills above Sedro. Most think I am a little on the weird side and they are likely correct. Being seen as a bit wierd isn't a bad thing. It causes people to ask themselves if they really want to know you. Personally the more folks I can get to ask themselves that question the better.

See you in the spring.

16. VoglerLake

VoglerLake Michael Hayes

Home Page:
    Your right about just living by Concrete; folks think your mentally challenged. That is the main reason I have pulled together and published some info about myself. I am from So. Texas (not Concrete) and my family tree has more than 1 branch. Sixth grade may have been my most favorite 3 yrs in life but I did receive a US Patent in Neonatal Transport Safety. Your final point is dead on. Being somewhat unpredictable is a high form of self defense when the 911 response time is 30min/3 days. However, I do try to not scare small kids and puppy dogs. Thanks for the note and don't forget to bring the PBR!

17. Islander

Islander Steve

That's good......shoot me a PM if you want to hook up when you're here. Can get you some local intel if needed.

18. Hillbilly Redneck

Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

Media:
    Michael,

Is there room to park a trailer at Volgler? I have a pontoon boat but I prefer to fish out of my drift boat. I've driven by the access before but never fished it and can't really remember what the access is like. Thanks.

19. VoglerLake

VoglerLake Michael Hayes

Home Page:
    If your self contained, you have 39.76 acres, minus the 18 under the lake, and my living room.

20. Camo Clad Warrior

Camo Clad Warrior Member

Wow. Big props for comming on the board Mr.Hayes. thank you for the information. You will defenitly see me this spring...I may even have a little pbr in hand