WTB Lamson saltwater series- Pre-waterworks

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by SwingerWhy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. SwingerWhy New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    A customer came in the shop with one of these and it felt sweet, I believe its the salwater series. Looking for either the steelhead or bonefish reel. PM me if you want to sell or trade.
    Picture is the closest I could find to the one he had.
    Thanks.

[IMG]
  2. YAMMY Member

Abbotsford B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +8 / 0
  3. YAMMY Member

Abbotsford B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    i have a few of these reels-in both Steelhead model and bonefish model as well as Permit/Tarpon models i would have to look at them again but some are unused in original boxes--great reels.As you know they were 400 dollar reels in their day and were too expensive for most so they were Dc'd in the early 90's
    keith
  4. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Lamson LP?
    I have a 4 and extra spools. Not sure I'm selling tho.
  5. sroffe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    I thought the same thing too; they don't look like my LPs that I have. But, close.

Did Lamson make a saltwater LP series???
  6. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Not specifically a saltwater version but the LPs were advertised as "saltwater safe" I think. At least I don't recall a separate saltwater series.
  7. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +522 / 0
    Yes Lamson had the saltwater series reels...named salmon, permit, tarpon, etc. I can't remember right now but they may have been made through sage back in the younger years of that company.
  8. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    OK....from Lamson- Waterworks website (FAQ) (it was bothering me that I could not remember)

• If you have a Lamson DCA or Saltwater Series (Bonefish, Permit, Steelhead or Tarpon) reel and would like to inquire on repairs or parts the original manufacturer, Sage Manufacturing, can be reached at: 888-848-7243 or repairs@sageflyfish.com.
  9. sroffe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Thanks for that info Porter. Interesting.

The LP series would not hold up to a Bonefish or Tarpon. The itty bitty dot size drag cork on those reels are really only good from keeping your line from back lashing. Get a hot fish on that reel, you'll be palming that spool for sure.

Never the less, I've been using mine LP2 reels for 15 or 16 years now. Every once in a while I shop ebay for another LP reel.
  10. fis_her22 New Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    That's a Lamson Saltwater Series .....I believe it is the Bonefish. Discontinued in the early 90s, shortly after Sage purchased Lamson. The Saltwater Series was only produced for about a year and are designed with draw bar cork drags and ball bearings, much the same as Abel Big Game reels. The series has 3 models, Bonefish, Permit and Tarpon. They retailed starting at $495.....sweeeeet reels....I have a Bonefish and 2 spare spoils....makes a great spey reel.
  11. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Yeah...they hold up!