Large, motorized sit-on-top kayak (sort of) FS

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by martyg, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In an effort to eliminate the clutter in our house, garage and yard my roving yard sale continues. I am selling my Arthur Armstrong Blue Bill. This boat has served me well since we moved to Gig Harbor four years ago from DC, where I used the boat to waterfowl hunt and salt water fly fish out of.

At 14’ long and 62” wide the boat is wicked stable. Two grown men can be standing and casting with total confidence. I have had it out in the Narrows when the south winds were just screaming. That was plenty sporty, and while I wouldn’t recommend that activity to anyone, it proved that this is a surprisingly seaworthy boat. Mostly though, it is a great boat for gunkholing around more protected waters, fish and crabbing out of. Due to its light weight it sips fuel, there is never any drama in launching it, it poles and paddles beautifully, shoving off of a beach is a breeze and it can be towed by just about anything. It gives you all of the benefits of a sit-on-top, plus you can motor at 30 + mph to the next beach.

Price includes the hull, trailer (new submersible lights), Tohatsu four-stroke motor (just serviced at Hilton Outboard), tank, hardcover for the cockpit, custom made Mossy Oak Shadow Grass cockpit cover, motor cover and I will throw in a few dry bags as well for $2,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.