Last Minute Question

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by The Duke, Sep 18, 2013.

1. The Duke Been around

Des Moines, WA
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    So I am planning on going to the St. Joe tomorrow for a last minute fishing trip. As luck would have it, it dumped last night and today and the river went from 350 to almost 800 cfs. It is on the drop, but does anyone know how resilient this river is this time of year? Does it color up easily, or should it still be fishable? I plan on calling the shop in Avery in the morning, but I know that the collective mind on this site has a lot of knowledge. Any thoughts? Should we head elsewhere? We could always keep heading to Rock Creek, which I love to fish this time of year, but the St. Joe has been on my list and I would love to try it out. What do you think I should do? So many options, with the Joe being # 1. I would love to fish Kelly Creek, but the 10 hour drive is a bit daunting for a four day trip.

I'm getting married next weekend, so this is technically my bachelor party. Fish are key. Strippers, not so much.
  2. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1
    If the drive time RT is not part of the 4 days, it's worth the trip to Kelly.