"Learning From the Water" Rene Harrop book...opinions

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Muskypicker, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I'm sure it's been discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my search. I'm trying to do some reading to really become a better fisherman for this upcoming season. While in my local shop today, I saw a copy of Rene Harrop's "Learning From the Water". Just wondering what some of your thoughts are on the book. Thank you everyone.

2. If you already saw the book, you probably already have some idea what it looks like, great images, artworks, and high quality printing from Rene and Bonnie (his wife). I enjoy this book a lot, especially all the fishing stories from Rene and his "hunt" strategies. take a trout in the most challenging spring creek (arguably). From id hatch, rise form, approaching, presentation, casting strategy to tying his signature flies... a book pretty much talk about everyhing... combine "how to instruction" and "angling stories". I think this is the book you will read many times... especially if you are a dryfly enthusiastic. Highly recommended!

3. Thank you very much; looking forward to what others have to say. Thanks again.