Leech Lake Camping

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by OlyTroutGuy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. OlyTroutGuy New Member

Olympia, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Haven't been up to Leech in a long while. Aren't there only a half-dozen or so camping spots? Is it usually packed? Any info would be appreciated.
  2. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    yeah I would say about a dozen or so camping spots, and as far as being packed, I don't really know. I went up one time and it was dead, but this was late in the seson. I wen't up a couple of weeks after they planted the rainbows and there were quite a few people there, but then I heard there was some kind of club meeting up there or something. I dunno, :CONFUSED just go fish, bring the bug spray and find out. Try a brown/ olive bugger just over the weed tops.
  3. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I would agree there are about 12 slots. I was there last friday, and it was filling up by about 5pm. But there is enough room, so that if all you want to do is throw down a sleeping bag, you can probably pull it off at any time.

As to the fishing, last friday it was all surface insanity until about noon, but that gave us only about 2 hours fishing after our arrival from Seattle. There was not much going on until almost dark.

If you want to catch the triploids, use a brown pellet fly, they were still on trout chow last friday. The brookies were agressively hitting anything.

Rob