Legal Gear illegal acts, stupid people!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by koolminx, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Okay, I'm ready now.

2. Zack Dudley

Zack Dudley Take em'

mumbles if ya dont mind i need to grab a handful... of popcorn and get ready for the punchfest!

3. floatinghat

floatinghat Member

Kool, the thought is that nasty, sperming spewing, blacktop as night, almost dead king was lined/flossed or snagged. You pretty much backing that up by they "always refuse to bite". So how did the one in the pic take?

"and they ALWAYS seem to REFUSE to bite! So, are you saying that my fishing is FUTILE or that by doing it in Gorst is the Futile part?"

I'll say looking for entertainment at Toys is futile :)

Starting round 1

4. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Media:

and once it did "BITE" the lure it decided to swim out of the water tail first

5. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Media:

they are not being fished as BUZZ BOMBS which attract fish to bite them

they are ISDs

improvised snagging devices

6. dms61

dms61 New Member

I've been a longtime lurker, never posted. While I hesitate to jump into this particular duel, I wanted to point out that snagging fish in most cases is actually a gross misdemeanor (punishable by up to a year in jail and $5000 fine). Check out RCW 77.15.370:

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful recreational fishing in the first degree if:
    (c) The person shoots, gaffs, snags, snares, spears, dipnets, or stones fish or shellfish in state waters, or possesses fish or shellfish taken by such means, unless such means are authorized by express rule of the commission or director...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.15.370

I often tell folks who I see snagging that they can go to jail for it. Sometimes they laugh, sometimes they pack up and go home. But I always call Fish and Wildlife.

7. Ed Call

Media:
    dms61, welcome. Great first post. Dropping RCW knowledge and placing calls to WDFW. I like how you roll.

8. floatinghat

floatinghat Member

dms, I would be curious what the ave. or typical fine has been. All the pink snaggers on the news were getting something like $200-$250 for the violation.

9. ten80

ten80 Active Member

How effective is it to call WDFW, can they effectively respond to a call? I was out in Gorst today and all of the fishermen in sight were using buzz bombs and two hooks. Even saw a true asshat using a treble hook on a big as spoon fishing near Poulsbo. Dude was standing in the midst of ten or so legally fishing people while his wife/girlfriend was keeping a lookout for the law. I didn't really feel like having a face to face confrontation because he looked pretty sketchy and his big truck was parked directly behind my subaru. I considered giving him legal, effective tackle (fly and sinker weight), but he left (with one fish) before I had a chance. Any suggestions?

On a positive note, I caught my two chum in 30 minutes using a small, green shrimp pattern.

10. Ed Call

Media:
    No one can speculate if calling WDFW will be effective in any single situation. I can guarantee that if WDFW is not standing next to you and you do not call them then they will not be coming at all. Sure they might not be staffed to come, but if you don't make the call the world will never know.

11. koolminx

koolminx Member

What the EFF are you talking about Johnathan? Do you question the way I fish for salmon? What's your deal pal?

And YOU, ummmmm, floatinghat feller.... What the heck you talking about? I've never been into the titty bar it's self, but I see those skanky broads standing out back smoking cigarettes when I'm on my way to and fro... I'm sure that your comment about "Futility" is spot on. :D

Zack, You better not EVER believe that you can assume to know how I land a fish without standing next to me and seeing it! That is just wrong and might just get me angry!
    That one inch DareDevil is an AWESOME spoon! Been catching salmon on it since before you were born! The hook bent when I tried to lift the salmon up by the spoon to get it out of the water. Simple as that.

I do not Lie nor Steal nor knowingly fish illegally. There is no profit of character in lying. Accuse me of it and a person might just get a fat lip or shiner or both.

Don't mess with the Zohan!

12. Jonathan Walkenberg

Jonathan Walkenberg Member

yes i question the way you fish for salmon. Funny, a lot of snaggers at the Skok have responded the same way you are now. If the shoe fits...

13. Ed Call

Media:
    I pray this thread dies so that a more productive conversation can begin.

14. koolminx

koolminx Member

Since Mumbles makes sense, I'll stop replying to that asshat JW, and pray I never have to fish in the same area as that retard, how the hell can that idiot label me as a snagger with a friggin fly? Or even a 1 inch DareDevil for that matter???

Come at me how you will, I'm done with this thread.

15. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    Kool- FYI, a fly is one of the most effective methods for snagging out there.

16. floatinghat

floatinghat Member

Kool,

Don't know you don't know how you fish, read up on "lining or flossing" and you will find your answer.

BTW, glad you don't frequent TOYS that place looks so nasty I
    can't image the talent.

You posted the pic of the boot and that got you labeled.

17. Jonathan Walkenberg

Jonathan Walkenberg Member

dont worry there Minx. You wont find me chasing black chinook so we shouldnt run into eachother. Check next time you snag a fish in the mouth, check what side the hook went into. flossing and lining fish like you are doing, and is typical of places like gorst and many other hatchery returns, is the "legal" way to snag. It will result in the hook entering from the outside of the mouth and the point being on the inside.