Legitimate sale items...?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Citori, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Testing two options. Reputation info which you can add to and an infractions option. One allows you to leave user notes others can view. The other is based on infractions which I'm not sure about all it's functionality yet.

Both options are now turned on, with the reputation icon being [​IMG] and the infractions link icon being [​IMG] located to the right on the user header info on their post.

I may not impliment either, but am testing. Go ahead and play away. I'll likely start another thread to take feedback.

Chris

2. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Thanks Chris. Responsible sellers/buyers will appreciate this opportunity.

AM

3. Riffling Hitch

Riffling Hitch Member

Media:
    Chris, I noticed everyone has an infraction icon but you? Administrative perk?:D
    Good luck with the new trials and can you explain how someones good or bad rep is displayed or viewed?

thanks,
    Russell

4. frankjpfish

frankjpfish Member

I agree about having a feedback page. I am one of those out of staters, MICHIGAN. We have lots of salmon, steelhead and trout, so have a real need for the same items you guys do. I have purchased several items from members and have made a couple of good friends doing it. I don't have many postings as I use the site just for purchases, but really injoy reading the posts and for sale items. Don't automatically block us out because we are out of state or don't have alot of posts, Thanks !!!:thumb:

5. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Home Page:
    Is there any way you can turn it on for buyer and seller's. That way we know the deadbeat buyers to. Like ebay kinda.

6. Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore New Member

Media:
    I'm curious if Citori has made online purchases before. Not looking to call him out in any way, I find majority of concern is with those that have not done it and addressed their questions. Questions are great and some fine answers. As with anything checking history and presence PLUS paying with a secure method I find key. Paypal's given me great leverage and given that I've never had to use that leverage against a seller. 400+ paypal transactions, 3/4 + business sales and many fun buys.

For Gettn2's post, of all the fishing forums (6+) I may look at time to time, none have a feedback feature. One has a minimum posting before the buysell can be used (nice touch I though). I have seen enough immature behaviour and poor decisions on resolving unsatisfctory transactions by others that feedback functions on forums do concern me. I figure public callout once it's damn clear of evil intent and mod's informed cover this easily enough and is how I've seen it previously.

If it's not linked to sales links is it valid ?? and as many here like to do, which I agree with and see on other boards - they delete FS threads when completed. Just some thoughts.

7. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Yep, I have purchased, and have no negative experiences to report. Based on the responses, it is a reasonable question to ask, which is why I posed it. No agenda other than to be a responsible forum member.

8. OhioOutdoorsman

OhioOutdoorsman New Member

This is why I sell/buy through ebay.....so buyers can see my reputation and have a paypal guaruntee. Worth the fees to me. You get a higher sale price in the end because of a trust factor.

9. Gorgefly

Gorgefly Member

Media:
    I just sold some reels here this week and I used my paypal account. It works well, you just go to paypal and send the purchaser an electronic bill via paypal's site. They go to paypal, pay the amount via any method they choose and then you ship the item once the payment has been verified by paypal. At least the buyer can know that you are verified by paypal and have the option to report to them if you try to screw them. Just a suggestion, maybe there are better ways as well.

10. Gettn2

Gettn2 Trichoptera

Happy G ... I understand that there are pros and cons to the feedback system. You cannot please all the people all the time and people will take advantage of any system. I have over 900 pos feedbacks on ebay and have been using paypal for over 5 yrs. The thing that I see is that with the birth of Craigslist and such like it seems the scammers are breeding. I just ask a simple question the other day about a Winston spey on CL. The guy called me a moron, idiot, etc. The only reason I asked the question was to see if the rod really existed, and if people on CL won't give info about an item for sale ... I won't buy it. I have sold antiquarian books for years, and when you deal in items from the 17th century and have to build a client relationship, I just see the advantages of leaving a quick little note that the seller was great to deal with. I just purchased three XP's from members of this forum, two from BDD and another from Speir61, both members were great to deal with and Speir61 even personalized the rod for me. I had zero issues and I think other members should know that ... and even if I am from Idaho I did pay for the items. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.