Lenice and Nunally

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Greg Gilliland, Feb 28, 2004.

1. I was wondering if you could bank fish Lenice or Nunally? I do not own a float tube or pontoon boat yet. Whick one is better for bank fishing?

Thanks in Advance

Greg

2. Yes,I've bank fished there many times over the years.If you are willing to walk about 15-20 minutes you can go in to the east end of the lake and avoid most of the crowds and have very good fishing.A lot of small trees have grown up where you have to walk since I have been in there.Once you are in there you will be past the trees.

3. I was referring to Nunnally in that post.You can also bank fish Lenice.

4. Hey guys are there any good hiking trails out there? I'm thinking of going on Monday but the mini me and her mom would only be interested in hiking while I fished. Any insight is appreciated.

Mark

5. Not really any "trails" to speak of, it's just typical open sage brush country. You can pretty much walk anywhere you want to. You should be warned that the wind can really pick up over there and doesn't make the walking all the much fun. They could always drop you off and venture up the hill to the Wild Hose Monument, or go back across the river to the petrified forest.

6. There is a (rough?) road access from the south to the trail that runs along the summit of the Saddle Mountains; as I recall the trail begins near the antenna array on Sentinel Mountain. The last time I was there was a long time ago and I don't recall the details. There must be a trail guide for central/eastern Washington that would give directions.

7. Sorry, I don't seem to be able to post that address.
    A search for "Saddle Mountains + central Washington" will turn it up.

8. Your mini me and mother may want to watch out for rattlers around there. I personally haven't seen any, thankfully, but have heard of encounters. Good luck!!

9. Should be a little early for both the rattlers & ticks.

10. Why don't ticks do us all a favor and make themselves availbable to trout? The trout would help us by lowering the tick population, and we could all perfect a chernobyl tick pattern.

Sorry, I'm bored

11. I have seen a few rattlers but not before April and never on the west end of the lake,only walking into the east end.

12. As I recall, I believe the rockhound site I referred to warns against rattlers, scorpions and black widow spiders.

13. ran into a biiiiig rattler sight fishing bows in the inlet to blue lake couple years ago, i was casting and walking while following a nice fish and i looked onto the beach. fully spread out sunning, at least 5 foot long. id say that fish was pretty damn lucky.....

tom:bawling

14. best dam thing i've ever herd

15. flash, the wildlife refuge has some trails to be hiked. i am sure they they have a website. their office is in othello. it is about a 40 mile drive from lenice with lots of info to be had.

16. Funny the thought of rattlers never crossed my mind. I guess after spending 10 summers at YFC and never crossing paths with one my concern is pretty low. Hell I grew up in Texas with every form of poisonous snake there is, to include the dreaded sea snake. Now the Frau has not been exposed to too many because she grew wit Grizzlies. My guess is if you can figure them out then a little ole rattler isn't going to scare you off:) But alas it looks as though we wont be going as she is coming down with the cold the mini me had last week. I on the other hand am still debating it. I wonder if it will be crowded today?