Lenice/df Opener

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Wayne Kohan, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Shawn Seeger

Shawn Seeger (aka. wabowhunter)

Media:
    Yup. Steve I was in the "periwinkle" (blue) walker bay, I heard from the Taj Mahal that they picked up part of your camp and returned it to the dunes...I already have a couple of trips to Dry Falls planned soon, we used to fish it a lot before the "slow years".

My folks and buddy and I will be over mid-April and mid-May

I love the entire Sun Lakes state park, it has so much diverse landscape and wildlife, I can just sit even when not fishing...

And I really like watching the "tent tumbleweeds" when the W... catches a new desert camper at Sun Lakes, besides for all those years in a tent and tent trailer the W... helped drown out the party'ers.

2. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Media:
    yea Shawn, that was me in my new blue boat. Carrying it back to the parking lot in the wind almost lifted me off my feet.

You did not take those pics of the lake on Sat as the pics show the sun shining and no wind on the lake. Nice pics though and make me want to head out soon again.

Wayne

3. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Media:
    Hi Shawn,
    I'm not surprised that my tent setup needed help. When I got back on Thursday, I saw that the tent had shifted position and there were some stakes in places where I don't remember them. I'm grateful that they were there to help. That sandy soil at Lenice doesn't hold tent stakes very well; the soil at Sun Lakes holds stakes much better.... I hope to see you at Dry Falls this spring.

Steve

4. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Media:
    Home Page:
    Went out yesterday to a regular limit lake.

Lake was packed with people!! I would hate to see the place on the weekend. You must have just hit the luck of the draw.

Weather was pretty bad, mostly cloudy all day with only about an hour "sun break". I can say that now that we are part of Western Washington. Fortunately, little wind until very late in the day. Looks like another bad weather day today......will this ever stop!!!

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Summer is nice in Western Washington. Almost no wind and it can get hot sitting on any lake. Some wind is nice. But in the spring is sucks big time. Cold wind will drive anybody away.

I don't fish anymore when it is cold and windy. If the sun isn't shining and it isn't warm on my face I stay home. I have fished too much in shitty weather. Now I prefer nice weather.

6. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Gmole:

I was in the Outcast closest to the shore in the southeast end. So, if you were in that bay, it was likely me. "Steve" was in a boat and doing very well. It's interesting that the bigger chronies were working.

I left a bit early on Monday but had success in the north end shallower bay. Also got to watch / hear the falcons on the basalt cliffs.

MB

7. dp

dp ~El Pescador

Shawn -

great pics. based on your photos, I know exactly where you were sitting as I was buzzing your boat pretty frequently and trying to stay out of your casting range. I saw you hook up a few times and it appears the big boys were more tuned into the chiros. The small guys must have liked moving bugs better. I'll be back in a week and a half. Heading to Maui tomorrow and I can't wait!! fishing can take the back seat for a week or so.

sp

8. gmole

gmole Member

Yep I remember u Scott, it's to bad u had to leave early on Monday.. The bite was over the top... We were in the boat I think on the west Side.... It's nice to fish the bigger chronnies instead of those little guys... Can't believe we had to
    Leave that beautiful place

9. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Dave, I was at your place this morning for a meeting with Brian D. I asked the gals at the front desk for you at about 11:45 but you were away. Sorry we missed. Probably better we connect on the water instead of at work. All the best in Hawaii.

K

10. dp

dp ~El Pescador

shoot - I just missed you Kent as I know I was in the lobby at noon.
    lets go fishing when I get back in town.
    I plan to be on Lenice on April 14 (keep it quiet as the wife does not know this yet......)

11. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Media:
    Ok, I'll chime in. The wind blew. Hard. Wayne caught all the fish. We came home. It was fun. No, really, it was. :)

Really, it was a great time. The weather could have been more cooperative, but that's fishing in the spring time. I am pretty much just getting started with the lake and chironomid fishing thing, so I have a lot to learn. But I am having fun. I did have a few takes and even a couple of hits on a dry at Lenice. The fish were working the midge hatch on the east end pretty hard for awhile. That was fun. I brought along another buddy from work, it was his first time to Lenice. He managed to pick up a few on chronies, one was pushing 20". Needless to say, he was pretty jacked up about it. Can't wait for warmer weather and better fishing.
    It was great meeting you guys, I look forward to seeing you again soon. I hope to get up there on Saturday.
    Happy Easter!

12. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle New Member

If the wind blows hard the fishing sucks anyway. For get the anchor. When the water is as cold as 44, the fish aren't active anyway.

13. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    After doing just as well this winter as I have this spring I love the notion that fish are not active at certain water temps.