Lenice Fall Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Dryguy, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Dryguy New Member

kirkland, wa, usa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hit Lenice this sunday, it was a very good day if you like large fish on dry flies (and who does not!). Early on was a nice mayfly spinner fall that had the fish looking up all day. As it warmed up the damsels provided the excitement the rest of the day. Not much wind which made sight fishing possible in the shallows. Fish were porpoising especially the Tigers which must like their bugs flying. Water temps were very cold and the water was crystal clear, no specific temps were taken. Very fun trip, I can't wait to return.
  2. Travis Bille Active Member

McKinleyville, CA
    Ratings: +370 / 0
    Whenever I have a frustrating day fishing, two images pop into my head. One is a 20" Lenice rainbow rising from near the shore and inhaling my damsel dry. The other is seeing a large Lenice brown break the surface with the moon just above the horizon behind it, after it took my mouse pattern. Sadly, I lost that one. Lenice is a magical place. Congrats on a great trip!
  3. kylesw Member

Keyport, WA
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Thanks for the report, looking forward to hitting Lenice for my first time early this October!
  4. Bradley Miller Dances with fish

Tacoma
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    Lets go! I've been dying to try this.