Lenice lake temps

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Allison, Sep 15, 2009.

1. did you see the crawdads in the water?
    Man, they were are big as my hand. Saw 2-3 each day.
    Actually netted one and had him on my boat for a while. Kind of creepy hearing his pinchers while fishing - he was pissed.
    How do you tie something that big?

dp

2. Dave, I had luck @ nunnally with small crawdad paterns this past spring, size 8 white and brown in color. Tossed them to the reeds and gave a strip and BAM fish on.:thumb:

3. these 'dads that I saw would require a hook size of 9/0 or larger
    I thought about cooking them as they had some mighty nice tails...
    but their pinchers always scare me.

4. Dave, oh yeah I have seen the bigger ones, I just wanted to see if I could get a brown on a small one. I didnt get a brown only bow's.

5. I'd love to fish Lenice before the season closes but I'm wondering if the poachers left us any fish.

6. I was there on thursday. Quite a few fellas there for a weekday. Great bunch the lot of them. Really slow! I had three takes on a black leech all day and only brought one to the tube. Nice 19" triploid. I didn't hear of or see anyone else with a fish. Great conditions, perfect weather.

I found out the hard way that there is a hole in the butt of my waders. Have to get them back to simms soon. It was a cold afternoon in the tube to say the least but I fished through it.

I think I'm going to stick with the pontoon boat at Lenice from here on out.

7. Damn a hole in the seat of your waders.
    I would have baled at the first hint of dampness.

8. kind of a letdown after last fall's awesome awesomeness.

9. If Lenice is fishing like crap there are other lakes so close to it that get VERY little pressure.Try them out.

10. dont give up the ship yet. the weekend I fished, the temps dropped to year end levels. They are now back to typical fall days pushing 60 and maybe 40 in the morning. Those hares ear afternoon will still be there. Will be back next weekend.

dp

11. Just wondering if you can still access the NE part of Lenice by foot. We used to hike in around the east side, past the creek, and fish off the bar on that end. Anyone know if that's still the same?

Thanks!

12. I saw people there last month when I was there. I got to think the bottom is pretty soft along the reed line once you get past the rock wall and need to walk along the reeds. Wear waders up to your chin. Or is there a path within the reeds that can't be seen from the water?