Lenice on Saturday

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, Apr 4, 2014.

1. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    headed that way tomorrow. should be pulling in sometime after 9:00 (after my Buzz Inn Benedict breakfast). Weather looks favorable. Not looking forward to the dinks getting in the way.
    Anyone else going to be there? I plan on trying that balanced leech method.
    Olive Outback and Fish Cat(cher) pontoon.

dp
  2. tyeoneon Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +38 / 0
    Might see you there dp! I'll either be in my tube-blue fish cat, or rowing my raft, a sea eagle (grey1). I'm looking at fishing the PM, but I'll probably be getting there at 11 or so!
  3. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +96 / 0
    Tell me it was very windy so I won't feel bad I didn't go. I backed out going partially because of the wind, partially due to the desire to remain married. I did blow up my SFC and sat on it in the front yard though.

Wayne
    Steve Vaughn and Tacoma Red like this.
  4. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +959 / 1
    It wasn't as windy as I expected here.
  5. tyeoneon Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +38 / 0
    Less wind than I've encountered before! Actually, it wasn't bad at all. Got sun burned before it clouded up! Remember your sunscreen! (and your micro leeches in 8-12 feet of water!)
  6. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    the wind was not a factor all day (I got off the water about 4:15). It was up a bit when we arrived and it would just start up again and then it would die down. It was beautiful out. I also got a bit sunburned. We caught many fish but none on the micro leech set up (still learning this technique and maybe I was not deep enough). I got a couple on the chiro but all the other fish were taking small nymphs (DR stillwater pattern or his callebatis pattern) being stripped back to you. We run into a lot of the planter (10 inches) but found quite a few in the 12-16 inch range and my big bow of the day was every bit of 18 inches.
    Probably 20 people on the water and the action was pretty steady from 11:00 - 1:00. Saw lots of fish on.
    I got the two pole endorsement (confirmed it was OK with Department of Fish and Game) and fished two dry lines for a bit, but the chiro rod had the only action. A lot of work keeping two lines out - probably won't do it again.
    shipping out to maui tomorrow so you won't hear much from me for a week or so.
    Tyoneon - I was talkig with you by the launch at the end of the day (green fish cat pontoon) and you were talking with my buddy on shore and in the parking lot. Diamons Belle sound like fun. I might have to check that out.

get out and fish!!

dp
    Irafly likes this.