Lenice Opener - for me

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, Mar 3, 2014.

1. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    yes, the weather was tough. It started with Pass and then it was just cold all day. Snow fell all day on the lake. 8 people started the day and they all left at 1:00. I stuck around for the afternoon bite.
    You know how you always here that story of the guy who caught that big brown on the opener, yet no one can confirm it.
    Well, that was me yesterday. I decided to change up tactics as chiro fishing was slow and so was stripping buggers. The water was stained so I decided to stay in the shallower sections along the lake shore line. I changed up to a bead head hares ear and stripped thru the shallow water (4-5 feet deep) on an intermediate. I started having success pretty quickly and stayed on the water till about 4:00. I had the lake all to myself and was giggling like a girl after I caught this brown. my second biggest brown and it gave me quite a battle. I estimate close to 24 inches and 5 lbs. Big Brute Buck. picture does not do it justice.
    Tough Man Award goes to Scott Salzer for being the only one left in the lot on Sunday. I hope he was not buried in the snow. someone go check on him.

dp

Attached Files:

2. Bonefish Jack Strictly FF

Kent WA
    Ratings: +38 / 0
  3. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +648 / 2
    Nice fish!!!
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +206 / 0
    I bugged out early this morning. Wish I would have stayed around to see that brown. I caught a similar one a couple of years back, and got a picture. I did not do particularly weel on Sunday. They did better on Saturday.

I was alone in the lot last nighht, and for good reason. It was cold and just got colder - my guess would be mid to high teens for the low, 22 when I got up. There was a slight wind, I was already cold so I packed up headed west, then north, then west agian over Stevens. Snoqualmie was closed.

Nest year, I will trust the weather report.
    Roper likes this.
  5. ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    Good job Dave. I'm glad to hear you made it back over before 8 last night. Wouldn't that have been a giant Charles Foxtrot.
  6. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Usually as we age, we get wiser, but NOT Scott:) (or maybe he is just stubborn!)
  7. m.albrecht@comcast.net Member

Maple Valley, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Great way to start the eastside fishing season. Congrats
    Mike
  8. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    OINK OINK!!! Good job Dave!
  9. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    Way to go dp!!!!Nice fish, I'm glad the drive paid off.
  10. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    Way to go dp!!!!Nice fish, I'm glad the drive paid off.
  11. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Great work! Nice shoulders on that buck!
  12. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +152 / 8

Trust me, the pic does it justice! Great fish!
  13. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +784 / 1
    Looks like you earned that one...brrr!
  14. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    Wow Dave, nice fish. I would have liked to join you but I had a tennis tournament with my son (we won our doubles division) and besides, I'm a wimp.

Wayne
  15. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +146 / 0
    Beautiful brown Dave!! I haven't caught or seen a brown over there in years. Espically that nice....
  16. Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +238 / 0
    Great picture of the boat....you should frame it and place it on your wall.

That is also a nice fish.....
  17. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    thanks guys. like I said, I really was laughing out loud. Scott may have heard me from the parking lot. besides the brown, I caught 9 other rainbows and missed at least that many. If you were layered up right, it was not cold at all.
    BTW, my biggest brown came from Lenice about 6 years ago and it is the fish in my avitar. yesterdays fish was a little bit smaller. I am still going thru the battle in my head.
    will be back in two weeks

dp
  18. troutpocket Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +335 / 0
    Way to adjust and figure something out! Great fish.
  19. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,334 / 0
    Man! Nice brown! There can't be too many more of those left in there, but the ones that are probably look like that. What has in been now, three years since they stopped stocking browns and tigers?
  20. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +358 / 0
    Nice fish.
    Obviously has been eating well!