Lenice Question

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Travis Bille, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

I'm thinking of taking a trip up to Lenice for my bachelor party which would probably occur during the first week of September. I searched the forum and it appears that September is kind of on the brink of still being too warm to fish.

Is Lenice generally cold enough to fish this early? I realize you can't predict the future, but I'm just hoping to get some opinions on whether or not this is a viable option, or if I should reconsider my plans all together. Thanks guys

2. dp

dp ~El Pescador

September is fine
    more importanty - wha tkind of entertainment are you lining for the Lenice Parking lot?

3. Travis Bille

It would probably have to be somewhat toned down. I think the desert dirt is too hard to get a stripper pole into

4. jakesmylab

jakesmylab New Member

I am interested as well as to how the fishing is that time of year. I've got a few fair weather co-workers that have asked what the whole fly fishing thing is about and thought a trip to Lenice might be a good intro. Spring weather seems a bit too much for their first time. I'll be over there Wednesday night with a couple buddies. We'll be fishing Lenice for a couple days and then off to Dry falls to finish the weekend. I'll be fishing from my Scadden Skykomish and fishing with twin brothers. As far as the stripper pole goes, there are options.

Attached Files:

5. Travis Bille

That is beyond awesome!

6. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Vegas wouldn't exist with that mentality.Thank God someone persevered and managed to get some stripper poles into the hardpan;)

SteveA and Travis Bille like this.
  7. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Active Member

Ive got a soft spot in my heart for Lenice and stripers:p

8. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

I've got a hard spot for Lenice and strippers!!

triploidjunkie likes this.
  9. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

You might find some "hot strippers" in Beverly just down the road....:eek::D

10. Travis Bille

Update.... I think I'm going to go to diamond lake in Oregon instead. Its less of a drive, and people won't be frustrated and forced to fly fish if they don't want to
    It'll be fun, but dammit do I miss lenice and its overabundance of strippers!

11. jakesmylab

jakesmylab New Member

If you're thinking about hitting that part of Oregon, you may want to consider driving a bit further and fishing East lake. Chironomid fishing should be really good and I believe your buddies can throw gear. They also have some pretty decent cabins to rent.

12. jakesmylab

jakesmylab New Member

Meant to say calibaetis hatch should be good. I was up tying chironomids until about 12:30 last night and still have them on the brain.

13. Cruik

Cruik Active Member

14. Travis Bille

That boat is sweet!

And I actually have been considering East Lake, I heard the Callibaetis hatch is legendary and there are some monster browns in there

15. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Aren't there big brookies and atlantic salmon in that lake as well?

16. GAT

GAT Active Member

The brookies and Atlantics are not all that large but there are some big ol' browns in East. And yup, the Calli hatch lasts most of the summer.

When I fish East, I target the browns.