Lenice

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Al, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Al

Al New Member

Went to Lenice on Thursday and did pretty well, considering. The two of us landed over 25 and lost a lot more than that. About a third of them were the small ones (12-14"), while the rest were 18-20". We did catch a couple 20" Brown Trout. The fish appear very healthy and are quite active right now.

We did not take tubes, thus worked the shallows the entire day. Most of the fish were on damsels, while a few were on small black leeches, size 12. Couldn't seem to get much action on scuds.

There was a CB hatch about noon and things were very active along the shore in 2 feet of water.

This water makes for a fine fall outing, but am concerned about the number of people I have seen the last few times who are using spinning rods and power bait. They have to be taking some of the big ones out of there.

Al

2. Al

Al New Member

Went back to Lenice this afternoon for about 4 hours. Had a very nice day - landed 6 fish and lost 4 nice ones. Every fish was 18" and up with one 25". What a fight! They are very active this time of year.

Again, all were on damsels in 2-5' of water with slow retrieve.

There were about a dozen people on the lake today as a flyfishing club was making an excursion. I don't think they did very well based on the complaining I could hear across the lake.

This is good enough to visit one more time before it closes next week!

3. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Thanks for the report Al.

~Chris