Lenore and RFC

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by tsieck1, Mar 16, 2004.

1. tsieck1

tsieck1 New Member

Media:
    I am taking my first trip to Central Washington the first two weeks of April. I will be staying near Lake Chelan and have plans to fish both Lenore and RFC, can anyone give me some advice on the best fishing methods for this time of year and fly selection? Any help would be appreciated as I will be fishing on my own. I really look forward to this trip the area out there is great. I live in Washington DC and do alot of East coast fly fishing so I am looking forward to a break from the traffic. Well thanx in advance for any replies and maybe I will bump into you on the stream or getting a beer...

I was born 2 fish...

Troy Sieck:beer2

2. Tom Merrill

Tom Merrill Member

Troy,

I've got the first week of April off with permission from the wife to get in a little fishing if the yardwork gets done. Send me a PM if you'd like to hook up at all.

For fishing, if you do a search on the forum, you'll find a plethora of information on patterns and tactics.

Good luck.

Tom

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
  4. ray helaers

ray helaers New Member

Lenore in April is going to be a chironomid show. Take pupa patterns in black, olive, red, and brown/amber, in mid-sizes, 12-16. fish them under bobbers on a floating line or with a very very slow retrieve on a sink tip or intermediate line. Medium sized hares ears, PTs, flash backs, poxy backs, and soft hackles stripped slow to medium on intermediate lines could also be helpful. Have some leeches to go to, but I'd start with the chironomids. Most guys fish the extreme south and north ends of the lake.

RFC will also be midgeville, but you'll need much smaller flies. Also bring smallish nymphs and scuds, smallish wolly buggers, and some callibaeits and bwo emergers and dries.

Good luck, dress warm.