Lenore & DF

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Coy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Coy New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    On my way to Lenore tomorrow, Thursday, and DF on Friday.....any word on how they are fishing and what is being used.....kind of a newbe to this so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
  2. Coy New Member

Ron
    Thanks! Any suggestions on flies?
    Coy
  3. Rod Wittner Active Member

West Richland, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 1
    There are others that know better than me, but you might try chironomids under an indicator. A blood worm and a snow cone should be good choices.
  4. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,263 / 0
    I would skip Lenore, or at least be prepared to change venues if it disappoints. Blue and park lks right there should have fast fishing for twelve inch planter bows, plus both have the added bonus of browns that get big enough to keep things interesting. Only bad thing is the bait plunkers lined up shoulder to shoulder along the bank.
  5. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,174 / 0
    I agree; after the recent big poaching bust on Lenore, I know that I wouldn't waste too much time there. (do a search on the site for the story)

If you are fishing this Thursday and Friday, be award that Blue and Park won't open until Sat. As TJ said, they can provide good action for catchables when they open. Rocky Ford creek, Dry Falls and Banks Lake are all good back up plans for Lenore as are the Quincy lakes.

Have fun!
  6. Coy New Member

Thanks all!!
    I'll let you know how it worked out.
    Coy