Lenore Frozen?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chironomadness, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Chironomadness Member

Mount Vernon
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Just curious if anyone has drove by Lenore. Interested in the opener for next weekend, but heard the winter over there was extreme and Lenore may be solid ice.
  2. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Chirono, I was over last weekend and it was a 50/50 thing. Looks like it's snowing over there today though !!!
  3. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +223 / 2
    I drove by on Sunday of last week. The north end was still pretty much frozen with maybe 10 feet of open water. The south end had a little more open water but not much.
  4. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +15 / 0
    Judging by the other lakes in that area I saw last Saturday I'd say it's still pretty locked up.
    I'm starting to get the itch to fish over there too...:D
  5. Couleeflyfisher Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    South end open and some open water midlake and at north launch. We were doing pretty good and then last 2 nights temp. dipped down into 20's again. Depends what it does next few days and if we get any wind. You should find quite a bit of open water but limited trolling because of ice. North end pretty solid with just a little starting to open where the hog line forms.
    You can always try Soap Lake, completely clear of ice.
  6. Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Federal Way Wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Last thing I saw come out of Soap Lake was about 300 lbs of Russian woman covered with mud....:eek: :eek:
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,734 / 0
    I needed a good laugh. :thumb: :thumb:

Jim