Lenore is back in fine form.

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by fatwhitedog, Sep 28, 2003.

1. It was stupendous actually.

The Cutt’s were in fine shape, water is colder and the fish are in good shape.

I spent about 8 hours on the water and landed 20 fish. All in the 20-plus inch range. Two at 27 and 28 respectably. All fish were pretty heavy. One was around five pounds, extremely fat.

Wind was whipping pretty good for a little while, but settled down to a tolerable pace.

Mayflies hatching during the lulls in the wind. No surface activity until close to dark.

All fish I was catching were subsurface. There was one fly-guy fishing off the bank and he was 'bobber and chironomid' fishing. He was catching fish as well. Again, 20-plus inchers.

Scan the surface when you get there and decide on the best choice of fly, as there were a couple of different hatches that went off while I was there.

2. Thanks for the report. The water was cool, huh? After all this warm weather I would think it still to be a little on the high side. How was the algae/weed growth? What nymphs/streamers were working? I'll be over there 10/18, and the water should be in even better shape by then.

aaron j

3. I'll be there 10-18 too. I drive a white Ford Ranger and will be camping at Sun Lakes. Stop by and swap reports if its convenient

:)

4. White Ford Ranger? I'll be in a white Safari van. We'll be doing it Team Pussy style, staying at the Inn at Soap Lake, but I'll keep an eye out for you on Lenore. Good luck! :thumb

aaron j