Lenore is back in fine form.

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by fatwhitedog, Sep 28, 2003.

1. fatwhitedog

fatwhitedog New Member

Media:
    It was stupendous actually.

The Cutt’s were in fine shape, water is colder and the fish are in good shape.

I spent about 8 hours on the water and landed 20 fish. All in the 20-plus inch range. Two at 27 and 28 respectably. All fish were pretty heavy. One was around five pounds, extremely fat.

Wind was whipping pretty good for a little while, but settled down to a tolerable pace.

Mayflies hatching during the lulls in the wind. No surface activity until close to dark.

All fish I was catching were subsurface. There was one fly-guy fishing off the bank and he was 'bobber and chironomid' fishing. He was catching fish as well. Again, 20-plus inchers.

Scan the surface when you get there and decide on the best choice of fly, as there were a couple of different hatches that went off while I was there.

2. aaron j

aaron j Member

Media:
    Thanks for the report. The water was cool, huh? After all this warm weather I would think it still to be a little on the high side. How was the algae/weed growth? What nymphs/streamers were working? I'll be over there 10/18, and the water should be in even better shape by then.

aaron j

3. East Fork

East Fork Guest

I'll be there 10-18 too. I drive a white Ford Ranger and will be camping at Sun Lakes. Stop by and swap reports if its convenient

:)

4. aaron j

aaron j Member

Media:
    White Ford Ranger? I'll be in a white Safari van. We'll be doing it Team Pussy style, staying at the Inn at Soap Lake, but I'll keep an eye out for you on Lenore. Good luck! :thumb

aaron j