Lenore Lake opener?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Calibeatis, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Calibeatis New Member

Port Orchard, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anyone planning a trip to Lenore for the opener next week. I've never been there and was looking for some info on patterns and where to hit it. Also, is there anywhere to camp for free on the lake? :confused:
  2. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    "the opener next week"

:confused:
    I thought the opener was tomorrow...?
  3. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Yes. Tomorrow is opening day for Lenore and several other lakes in the area.
    I'm pretty sure that Lenice, and that chain of lakes open tomorrow also.
    Regarding Lenore, if the mild winter left grass in the south end, you might want to fish that area to get away from the crowds.

There will be lots of guys fishing the north end of Lenore with midge patterns (pupa) and indicators. I have done well at the same time of year with leech/bugger patterns on sinking tips.

Don
  4. Calibeatis New Member

Port Orchard, WA
    It is tomarrow, but I don't think I'll go until the weekend
  5. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    No camping on Lenore itself that I know of. Accross the road on the north end is Alkali Lake. It offers some primitive camping or at least did last year. As far as patterns, chronamids are the spring thing. Leeches will fish well at times also. For some reason Lenore Lahotans don't rise to surface flies very often. I have done well with softhackles in the fall, like the ones I sent you. The big leech in black and purple will produce all year along with a few pet colors I don't mention. I'll send you a PM with other details. ;) :eek: