Lenore Poachers Get Theirs

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by miyawaki, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,017 / 1
    Or in todays society, having your sons bring them home and introducing them to you as their new boyfriends. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    triploidjunkie and Islander like this.
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,017 / 1
    Most likely a bit of both. ;)
  3. Derek Day Rockyday

Olympia
    Ratings: +146 / 0
    I want to say a couple of things.

1. As far as empathy for criminals. This wasn't a victimless crime. It's proximate cause was not an addiction. And, it wasn't done to feed a starving family. These are areas where empathy for criminals might be waranted. For example, it makes more sense to treat someone with an addiction that leads to criminal activity with empathy.

2. The ourage here is really that the punishment will not be proportional. I don't really believe that Alex thinks they should get shot for this. They aren't going to get as harsh a punishment as they probably should. That is what seems to really upset people--myself included.

3. If you're upset, stop whining and do something! Take a page from WW and get off your collective butts and start making a differnence. Start lobying for harsher, more enforcable laws.
  4. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    Pheasants and now your daughters boyfriends. Alex, you really need to get a grip on this decapitation thing :)
    enlightened and Alex MacDonald like this.
  5. Tool Fly Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    Please put me happily in the "wish the sob had drowned" camp. Or shot. Or shot while drowning. Yeah, I hate criminals. And poachers are right up there (down there?) with rapists and pedophiles. Drown 'em all.
    airedale and dfl like this.
  6. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    If this is handled right, each illegal fish is a separate offense and can carry a separate penalty. Therefore, if done right, the fine can be outrageously high for each of these idiots. Bet it won't be.
  7. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +277 / 0
    This thread needed a dose of reality.;)
  8. dflett68 Active Member

snohomish
    Ratings: +187 / 0
    A gigantic insult to anyone whose life has been closely touched by rape or pedophelia. Definitely the stupidest words I have ever seen written on this forum.
    Richard Olmstead likes this.
  9. Brett Angel Member

Sammamish, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't fish over there, but to the best of my knowledge those are hatchery fish. How much does each one of those hatchery fish cost us to make? It should be a felony.
  10. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +860 / 0
    They were all Russians and Ukrainians. Unfortunately, if they're making payments on the rig, the bank will return it, so they'll get the fine, and loose their "fishing priviledges". Like they gave a rat's ass about these in the first place. Here, the lack of punishment is appalling.

Most of the Russians and Ukrainians I know are decent people, but there's always a few rotten apples in the barrel-throw them away and the rest will still be decent. What's fun for me, is ice fishing on Fish Lake here, surrounded by Slavic-language speakers who haven't got a clue that I also "gavaru pa Russkiy"! Every now and again, it's good to remind them-keeps `em honest:D
  11. teedub Active Member

Cle Elum
    Ratings: +98 / 0
    I see someone in a room alone - not much to do, with a big hole where Philosophy 101 (from college days) occupied for a while, then became boring. Shows up here with the intent of stirring the pot on a daily basis.
    dflett68 likes this.
  12. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +956 / 1
    I had to go back to post #1 to see who posted it. Leland would never stoop so low to do that. But I know a guy who's retired, sitting at the kitchen table (alone) and doesn't have a chance of getting out fishing today. I don't think he had Philosophy 101 but he did have Pot Stirring 420.
    Irafly likes this.
  13. teedub Active Member

Cle Elum
    Ratings: +98 / 0
    OK - definitely not picturing Leland and I can't even get there now that you said this... Someone more philosophical...
  14. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    Would ya just look at what these 4 assholes have started... in addition to killing one of our best fisheries, they've got us hissing and spitteling at each other (and we rarely do that). On second thought, I know a wolf in Wenatchee that was unjustly denied a legally acquired dinner ;)
    Irafly likes this.
  15. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +828 / 1
    Geezus fellas, how much longer?

Leland.
  16. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    Well, Leland, a little while...It dawned on me that the State Is making a mistake in not seizing vehicles where there are liens. The violators still owe the bank or mortgage company, so they still have to make their payments after they lose the vehicle. Talk about punishment!
  17. kamishak steve Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    I wonder if they told that guy who swam in 40 degree water and hiked over volcanic rock in the cold and dark for 10 miles that he faced no jail time, his buddy's truck would be returned, and it was unlikely that he would even be required to pay a fine in a timely manner, whether he would have just let the officers take him... I think he was anticipating a swift merciless justice that doesn't exist in the country, and the only ones that really pay for the crimes are the local tax payers and anglers.
  18. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    Good work boys! Remember you can and should always report pouching

DIAL 911To Report POACHING IN PROGRESS / EMERGENCY
    Dangerous Wildlife Complaints
    NON-EMERGENCY Poaching / Violations or
    Dangerous Wildlife Complaints 1-877-933-9847

TEXT Your Poaching / Violation Tip
    Enter WDFWTIP (a space) and the Report
    Send to: 847411 (TIP411)
    Reports are completely anonymous
  19. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,237 / 0
    I think I majored in this in college;) The vending machine was always out of Doritos.
  20. Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    [quote="Alex MacDonald, post: 826166, member: 10820"
    Most of the Russians and Ukrainians I know are decent people, but there's always a few rotten apples in the barrel-throw them away and the rest will still be decent. What's fun for me, is ice fishing on Fish Lake here, surrounded by Slavic-language speakers who haven't got a clue that I also "gavaru pa Russkiy"! Every now and again, it's good to remind them-keeps `em honest:D[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far!

I was once standing in a check-out line in Safeway. The checker was talking to this Russian couple. In Russian, they were just ripping her up one side and down the other. So as they were leaving I said good-by to them.....in my native accent (a soft Georgian drawl that is the Georgian time zone 12 hours away). They just gave me a funny look.

Hey, everybody should take up a foreign language!! I broke a ladies tail light in a parking lot when I was in my twenties. Left my name and a phone number. The old lady called my girlfriend and asked for me by using my name in Russian. When I got back down from the mountains I called the old lady....she was just thrilled that somebody with a slavic name broke her taillight and would not accept my money. I doubt that would happen today.
    Alex MacDonald and Eyejuggler like this.