Lenore ready for 3/1?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by e_pofahl, Feb 27, 2006.

1. e_pofahl New Member

Richland, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Has anyone been by Lenore recently? I'm just curious if there is any ice on the lake.
  2. Gary C. Brown Les Paul Lover

Maple Valley, WA, USA.
    Drove past it this weekend, lots of open water. Frozen edges within 5'-25' of
    the bank depending on where you were and amount of sun exposure.
    IMHO it should be fishable. Still real cold over there.
  3. e_pofahl New Member

Richland, WA
    I'll be up there on 3/1 & 3/2. Anyone else going to be up there for the opening?
  4. BigHog New Member

Spokane, WA
    Let me know how Lenore works out for you. I've only been down there one time and was completely skunked. I'd be interested in trying to figure this lake out...
  5. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    Just got back from that area, but we didn't stop to fish it. No ice, but the north end has 2" of vis.
    Only 3 guys fishing the entire lake at 7:00 this morning...
  6. Keith Hixson Active Member

College Place, Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    A friend of mine who fishes Lenore regularly says the Lake isn't much good until March 15 or the first April. I've only fished it once. Driving by and stopped for about an hour. I got skunked! I fish rocky ford regularly, now I've got to figure out Lenore. I'm waiting for about two weeks before I head out to Lenore.

K.
  7. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    Waiting a couple of weeks is definitely a good idea. Last year it was good right from the start, but last year was also much warmer... I talke to the owner of Desert Angler Fly Shop in Ephrata and he said there was ice on the lake Saturday.
    It was fun though knocking the rust off on some fish at the Ford. The dry fly fishing was great this morning until about 11:00. Now I'm ready for another great season to start!
  8. Couleeflyfisher Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    Close to an inch of rain Monday night, plus the other recent rains last few weeks have been great for the local ponds. Lenore has been pretty low last couple of years, in just the last week the north end went from a muddy beach to lake level up to the grass, best level in a long time. Water was real murky today but should clear in a few days. Unfortunately, as the water warms up the "Hog Liners" will start to really harass the resident cuts and get their kicks. Nothing against the tubers that fish the open water and gently release, they may even catch some nice fish. I think I'll hold off awhile and target the 'bows, tigers & browns that aren't looking for a place to make a deposit. If you do fish Lenore, treat them gentle, come back in the fall and you may change your schedule from the spring opener to Sept. thru Nov. when we have quality fishing.