Lenore timing

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by SteelyStan, Feb 9, 2005.

1. SteelyStan New Member

Mukilteo, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Due to other commitments we will not be able to fish Lenore until about March 10-14. Will that be a reasonably good time to fish the North end?

Thanks
  2. Sageman Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    If anything, it will be too early. Most don't start fishing it until about the 3rd weekend in March. The best time is usually last week of March through the first week of April.
  3. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA
    I fished it during the first week of March last year if I remember correctly and had some success, but most of the fish were pretty dark (must be the spawn, I guess?). Are the fish in better condition later in March? :confused:
  4. Tom Merrill Member

Wenatchee, Washington.
    No, they get worse as they get closer to spawning. By mid-April, most the fish are pretty hammered. There still can be some good ones, but earlier tends to be better quality in my limited experience. Some here I'm sure know better.
  5. Couleeflyfisher Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    We've had a mild winter, good portion of the lake is already ice-free, should turn on earlier than most years.
  6. SteelyStan New Member

Mukilteo, Washington, USA.
    Thanks everyone for the input. We don't have much choice on the trip timing so I guess we will go and take our chances. Time to start tying up Chironomids.

SteelyStan