Let the good times roll!

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Andrew Lawrence, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Ska-opper Steelhead.jpg I thought the small rise that appeared behind my waker was from a small trout. I guess that I was wrong.

Stonefish, Greg@PNW and Steffan Brown like this.
  2. That's kind of how I felt, when I was fishing for cutties this past Saturday, and this happened... Nice work Andrew! 26 inch native hen.jpg

Greg@PNW and Andrew Lawrence like this.
  3. That must have been a nice surprise. Good job!

4. Thanks Andrew. I'm not looking to hijack the thread, but I thought you could appreciate/relate, due to it being a bigger than expected fish on the end of the line. That's always a nice surprise.

5. Solid. Nice fish guys and on top no less.

Thomas Williams likes this.
  6. Both nice fish! I too had a similar experience fishing for trout with a small dry and got surprised with my first steelhead this last weekend.

7. Steffan... you were fishing for cutties with a switch rod? Come on man, I'm not buying it :D. Nice pic though

Steffan Brown likes this.
  8. You're not going to get me with that gotcha journalism line of questioning... Look a little closer Dave. Fighting butt, not switch handle. Although, I'm not going to pretend I know how to fish effectively for cutts. After all, the only one I caught the whole day seemed like bycatch to an otherwise incredible fish outing.