Line Sytem for Redington DFR 14ft 9wt

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Southsound, May 31, 2006.

1. Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

South Puget Sound (again!), WA, USA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Hey all... just picked up a Redington DFR fourteen footer for 9 weight and need to put together a basic line system for it. No experience in this so I am hoping that you fellows will be able to point me in the right direction. I expect to use this rod both on OP and Southwest Washington rivers as well as trying it in the saltwater. I know that covers alot of territory, so I am considering a multi-line system if there is one that would "fit" my new stick. Also, would like to hear about custom lines as I am more than willing to slice, dice, and splice lines to put together my own. Judging from some of the threads I have read about matching lines to rods and styles of casting two-handed, there's enough subject matter for a book.

Thanks for any help...

Steve Cole
    Tumwater, WA
  2. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    I'm not as experienced as some others on the board. So I'm sure you'll get more detailed and helpful answers. But I'd say either a 8/9/10 Windcutter of 9/10/11 Wincutter. Depending on your casting style. You may also want to invest in some Skagit Cheaters so you can play with the head length of the Windcutter.