"Little' Deschutes near Pioneer Park

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matthew Kaphan, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Matthew Kaphan Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +41 / 1
    Been fishing the Little Deschutes around Pioneer Park the last couple of days.

No signs of fish.

However, I can give a positive report on my new Korkers boots. May be the most comfortable shoe/boot I've worn, wading or street.

Anybody else fishing the Deschutes with any luck?

Have to get this stripe off my back - I'm heading to the Tilton tomorrow.

Matthew
  2. Don Freeman Freeman

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +200 / 0
    We walk the dogs at Pioneer nearly every day. River is still too high and dirty.
  3. Ryan Buccola I ain't broke but brother I am badly bent

Bend Oregon
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I live at the rapid below the hotel...walk farther down stream....below north of the park. (SHHHH)
  4. abobrien Alex O'Brien

puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I tried accessing the deschutes out by vail this last weekend but my all my regular access points had shiny new no trespassing signs
  5. lylelovett666 Active Member

seattle,wa
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Fished just off of Johnson Creek Rd on Sat.Caught lots of 4-5" and saw a few 10" but all in all it was not worth the trip.
  6. dmoocher Member

Olympia, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I used to live right there off Johnson Creek Rd...600' of riverfront, fished every day after work...the divorce pretty much ended the dream...anyhow...in the summer when the river drops, that stretch has a few boulder gardens downstream and since it's the only oxygenated water around, it holds the fish...big ones too! I'm going to try the golf course with my 12 year old when the water drops a bit.