WTB Little help with hackle?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Rick LaRiviere, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick LaRiviere

Rick LaRiviere Active Member

Hey all,

Since the foolish hair styling craze that wiped out fly shops' hackle inventory, I've been trying to locate a hot pink grizzly saddle to be used as horns and wings on Intruders. But I'm having a heck of time of it. Can't find anything locally. Wondering if anyone knows of a good source. Looking for quality hackle; nice, long, straight, flat and slender feathers. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

2. Steve Knapp

Steve Knapp Beach Bum

Media:
    Call Jimmy at Patrick's Fly Shop in Seattle, he had some capes he dyed that will work perfectly. Pretty sure he still had a couple of hot pink ones left.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. Rick LaRiviere

Rick LaRiviere Active Member

Thanks, will call them.

4. S Fontinalis

S Fontinalis Active Member

Media:
    short of getting one, they're easy to dye.
    This is a whiting hen saddle i dyed rose pink just this past weekend. It might be a bit lighter than you're looking for, but

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jacquard has a pink dye, and they dyeing process is quick and simple. Pink #608 is the one you're after, and can usually be found on ebay for about $5 shipped.
    [​IMG]

If you dont fancy doing it yourself, then find someone who does dyeing and ask them (perhaps those guys in the shop recommended above. If you want to buy a grizzly cape/saddle, i'll dye it for you and ship it back. Two day turn around for the process.

Eunan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.