Local Bamboo gathering?

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by para_adams, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +395 / 0
    Everything still a go for the 26th? Fleshing out my spring calendar at the moment and want to make this a priority!
  2. raincitywheel New Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I'm looking forward to it.

I'll leave my rods home since they are antique/junk store dogs that I refinished. They put the ug in ugly, but the trout don't seem to mind.

Brian W.
  3. para_adams Active Member

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Hey Raincitywheel, great to hear about another junk store dogs rescuer. I'll be in awe of the true master rods that come out, but I will enjoy the rescued dogs just as much.
  4. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +319 / 2
    Gentlemen, we are a go. I just posted an "Event".
    Look forward to meeting you, or seeing you again, on the 26th.
    I wouldn't know junk from a jewel, but hope to learn.
    Thanks
  5. raincitywheel New Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Woof. Woof. I guess I will bring mine after all. Having some dogs around will make the nice rods look really good.

I refinished two rods back in 1991 or 1992 (I got the supplies from Kaufmann's downtown) --- a 9 foot Winchester 6035, 3/2, with one busted/shortened tip, an unmarked 9 foot 3/1 with a busted shortened tip. I also have a Montague Rapidan in original condition, not refinished. It's about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I'm an looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing their toys.

Brian W.
  6. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Damn school I forgot all about this:confused:
  7. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +395 / 0
    It didn't happen due to weather, might be on for this weekend, check the other thread.