Log spanning the Queets

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by James Mello, Mar 11, 2013.

1. There is a log spanning the Queets between Sams River and Streaters Crossing. Going around requires a drag of your boat. Please also note this log is in the National Park and any removal of woody debris is subject to a hefty fine.

2. On a related note, there are 342 gill nets (est) spanning the Queets between the Clearwater River and the mouth. Please also note that any removal of a gill net on the Queets will take an act of congress.

3. On a happy note, there is enough water coming down in the next few days to wash that log all the way to Korea. http://cliffmass.blogspot.com

4. Hope it doesn't land in North Korea, it would cause an international incedent and they would call it an act of war!

5. Nice of you to post that information James. Good on you.

6. In regards to the woody debris, I got warned by a ranger to not take a *stick* that I was using to probe the bottom of the river. Surprised me, but he was dead serious.....

7. Wow, so pragmatic.:rolleyes: Meanwhile, watch out for the road crews while they rip-rap the road to the visitor's center to the north.