Lone - Friday 3/23/12

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Gregg Lundgren, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    Waa, waa , waa. Roper, your time will come. Hope to see you soon.

MB
  2. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Here is the report I promised...

What a gorgeous day! Always nice having to peel off layers of clothing as the day goes on. Also, I am sitting here remembering that sunburns actually do hurt. The little seen orb in the sky got me. Just a light breeze out today, and most often it was both helpful and enjoyable. Quite a few boats on the water today for a Friday.

I arrived at the lake around 08:00, and "Islander" (Steve) rolled in just after. He was there under the premise that he wanted to try-out his new backpack pontoon, but I think he mostly wanted to give a few trout sore lips. The new pontoon was just cover. The resident cookie monster accepted some doughnut holes to help jump start his morning. Then, comes "nailbender" (Doug), so introductions all around, and we were off fishing shortly after.

As much as I might hate to say it, I did not catch one fish today on anything other than a chironomid. Not that I didn't try an assortment of buggers and leaches. I guess I am a slow learner, but eventually I worked my way up the ladder of success. It certainly didn't matter that much given the weather. I was thrilled just to have an entire day dedicated to fishing on such a fine day in March.

So, it went for me... black zebra: couple of fish, good; tan/green with copper wrap: six fish, better; gift from a new friend (Doug) to use as a dropper: best, just got sweeter and sweeter late into the afternoon as I began to dial it in. Steve and Doug had a great day, but I won't steal their thunder.

The fish were all in the 18" class. The remarkable fish : one was quite a bit bigger, one was chrome with a deep pink stripe and huge black spots a top the olive back, one was really dark (I only caught one that was dark). The fish were strong and pulling hard, not many taking to the air.

OK. I am going off to find some Solarcaine. Those of you going fishing tomorrow should be off looking for your sunscreen!
  3. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +948 / 4
    Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the report. Sadly family obligations kept me local. Did manage a gorgeous 22" bow on my local lake. Wish I could have been there though!

Ill be there tomorrow if anyone is around be sure to say hi
  4. skyrise Active Member

everett, wa.
    Ratings: +50 / 0
    freestone, feel your pain. i look @ our schedule and groan.
    i see an open weekend on Monday, and by Friday its got OT filled in. :(
  5. fishingcheftim Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Usually happy to work weekends as that way on my day's off there are less people about, doing the things I love to do. Certainly this week I wished I did have the weekend off. Glad to see that Friday on Lone was productive. I'll hope for the best (weather wise) for Tuesday & Wednesday.
    Happy to read about those that did get out.
  6. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I'll race you to the point ;)
    See you there!