Lone Lake In December??

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by nwtroutguy, Dec 26, 2012.

1. nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Bothell, washington
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Has anyone ever fished Lone at this time of year? If so, what kind of sucess might you have had? Recommended patterns? Streamers??

Thanks for any info you may be able to share:)
  2. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +286 / 0
    Oops, check your inbox. Just PM'd you a bunch of my Lone Lk chicken scratch. Mine's from a few years ago but I can think of a good handful of guys who are frequenting Lone and doing well out there.....good luck and hopefully some of those guys will weigh in!

Tim
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,106 / 1
    When you thinking about heading out? Lakes like Lone that are open year round will continue to produce fish for those who know where to look for them throughout the Winter. Two or three years ago on New Years Day WFF had an outing out there and my friend Kristy and I landed just over 30 fish that day. That is just one of the examples of the success I've had out there in the winter. Don't be afraid to give it a try.
  4. nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Bothell, washington
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    thinking about Saturday morning, i agree with you about blood worms because i have seen them on the vegatation that i pulled up on occasion. i was thinking i may try some flies that a certain person so graciously gave me.
  5. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,106 / 1
    If I can't make it over to the Ford on Saturday, I'll head over and fish Lone. I'll let you know.
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    Yes and Yes.
  7. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    I have fished it during the colder months in past years and low and slow was the game.
    yellow buggers from what I recall
  8. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +399 / 0
    I will be fishing Lone on Sunday, but may make it out Saturday also if I can fit it into the day. Hope to join you guys
  9. bakerite Active Member

Baker City Oregon
    Ratings: +82 / 0
    If it's low and slow Ira, try one of those dragons on your type 5.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.