Lone lake report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Steve Kokita, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

Fished Lone Sunday with some friends. Slow day, tough fishing, only two fish. Nasty blue-green algae, hope it gets better.:(

2. Rodney Bryan

Rodney Bryan Rodney Bryan

I am one of those friends, I did a lot of fishing and not a lot of catching but nothing beats a day on the water (even though the water has a green tint)

3. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

bummer! we need some rain...

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Thanks for the report. I've been wondering about Lone lately

5. KenChar

KenChar New Member

Damn, I'll be there for 4 days and was hoping for some good fishing.

6. Elephant fly

Elephant fly ...tastes like chicken....

Fished it today. There were only 4 boats on the lake but everybody caught fish. Things shut off about 1:00 but until then folks caught fish on buggers, leeches and one guy was getting them on some Canadian fly in orange, called a sparkle fly or something like that.

I ended up with four in the net to 17" and missed about a dozen more.....had a tough time hooking up today. No top water action until I left at 2:00.

Although I have had a couple of spectacular days on this lake fishing chiros, I got no action at all today with them. There was modest midge hatching going on all day but nothing heavy.

I fish this lake quite a bit and would give today an "average' rating. Seen better and seen worse.

7. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Thanks for the report, Elephant. Sounds like I may need to wander up there one of these days. Just started fishing it this past year and it has quickly grown on me