Lone Lake Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Ramblin Rick, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Ramblin Rick New Member

Snohomish Washington
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Fished Lone Lake for the first time last Monday. Fish were rising through out the day. Only bout 5 boats, toons on the water. My partner landed 6 or 7 and I finally managed to bring three to hand. I'm pretty sure most of the feeding was on midge emergers. I hooked up using a size 14 gold rib hares ear. Water temp about 55 air temp about the same. Cloudy, foggy day with slight breeze from time to time. nice setting I shall return to try it again.

Attached Files:

flyfishing59 and tonemike like this.
  2. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Glad you enjoyed your first trip to Lone. Thanks for the report. Great pic.
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,018 / 1
    Just how long will this pattern last? I'll be there Saturday or Sunday most likely with my brother.
  4. Obsessed Member

Shoreline, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Forever. Haven't you heard, global warming has been replaced by global fogging.
  5. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Nice fish Rick. Thanks for the report.
  6. Strawfish Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Rick, Great report and photo, now I'm really envious. I'm the guy that was in the mahogany pram that you spoke to. I was never able to dial it in, but I will be back and will definitely have some hare's ear nymphs along. Thanks for the tip.
  7. Casey Hodges Member

clinton,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Fished Lone yesterday and had a good day on the South end of the lake. What are those nets? Most fish were on top until mid day hammering a hatch of God knows what. Brass/Copper chiro two feet under an indicator did ok. Mid day the fish went to the bottom and nailed my chromie. Then black with red rib. When that stopped it was all about the inverted leach in black/red. Thanks Ira. All fish were fat, healthy, and aggressive.
    Irafly likes this.
  8. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    The nets are there to keep the carp out so some weeds will grow. Weed garden.

This photo was taken last night while I fished the south end.

IMG_20131023_182347_794.jpg

A nice small but steady hatch was going on and there was again no wind. Really nice evening for soft hackles.
    tonemike, Steve Kokita and Stonefish like this.