Lone Lake Sunday 1/30/2011

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Jan 24, 2011.

1. fishingcheftim Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Maybe you can come up with a new greenhouse bloodworm?
  2. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    taking a picture of his truck and him might do the trick.

dont we call the police first and they contact the game warden?
  3. Loren Jensen Active Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    whenever i've reported someone while hunting, me or my buddy would just call an officer we know.
  4. flyfishing59 Member

Good luck to you all. I won't be making it like on Jan 2nd. Tight lines everybody...
  5. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    the cookie selection for tomorrow is pretty damn good if I may say so myself. Chocolate stuffed sugar cookie and a chocolate caramel waffer. they turned out great. Both will be in the back of my truck (toyota tacoma... black) so feel free to help yourselves.
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    I'll be there....if I can figure out a better way to get the pontoon on the truck I'll fish.
  7. Trout Master Active Member

How did the group do on your day at the lake?
  8. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +359 / 0
    I didn't find the winnning combination today TM, but the fish I did catch were full of fight and leaping. It was a cold day to fish today, gloves AND hat kinda day.

2 of the fish I landed came on Islaners camo carey! Thanks Steve

Jeff
  9. Trout Master Active Member

on the 29th the fish I got all came in w/o a fight which I figured was due to the cold temps. Yesterday was cool and misty rain I had on my down jacket under my patagonia wading coat stayed warm.
  10. Loren Jensen Active Member

even though i only got a bite there at the end, i still had one of the greatest trips. met a lot of nice new guys from the board here..thanks for all the socialization fellas!
  11. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Sunday rocked. Loaded up the truck on Saturday, tied some awesome flies in the AM on Saturday and thought about fishing all day. Sunday came about and headed off to the lake. Was on the ferry with Jeff (guitarfish) and met up with Loren (silverbullet) when we got there. Loren is awesome. Like a little brother and great company.

I agree, it was cold. Loren gave me some neat flies to try and I decided to put one on and whammm... first fish. Nice trout. Then I tried out a fly I tied for Ira's swap and landed two fish. Missed two bites. Learned a lot about the lake that day and about water temperature. I usually work the bank area but it was pretty calm there and the water, since it was shallow, I assume was cold so I worked outside a little in the choppy water.

Fished with great friends. Thank you all!

guitarfish: hope you liked the little suprise under your wiper.
  12. Loren Jensen Active Member

this is awesome. thanks chef. you are a great guy..you helped me retain my sanity in the cold. will be fishing with you much more!
  13. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I did Chef - thanks. I gobbled that delicious morsel immediately! ;)
  14. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    It was good to meet you Loren. We'll head up to Pass sometime soon so you can host on your stomping grounds.
  15. Loren Jensen Active Member

nice to meet you too. that was fun!

and yes we'll have a meet there sometime soon. not really my stomping ground though lol ;)
  16. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Jeff: We should take a trip up to Sedro W and fish over there with Loren. Spring time?
  17. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Cool thing at the lake... Jeff and Jeff were fishing by eachother and both got a fish at the same time. Awesome.
  18. Trout Master Active Member

Thats a double
  19. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    No problem Jeff, glad they were working. That bug is so simple but seems to slay 'em. It was too cold for my liking, so I wimped out and went to the gun club on Sunday.
  20. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Awesome fly. Great on Lone as I found on my one trip. Great on other places, as Steve has gently reminded me from time to time.