Lone Lake Sunday 1/30/2011

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Loren Jensen Active Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    that would be awesome guys.. here's my pics

guitar fisher and chef
    [IMG]

chef with the first fish on one of my leeches
    [IMG]

chef doin' his thing
    [IMG]

jeff in his sweet little pram
    [IMG]

chef again
    [IMG]

sunshine :)
    [IMG]
  2. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    love the pics. Thank gosh for the sun!!! we needed it.
  3. Loren Jensen Active Member

the sun sure helped!
  4. mojo Member

Yewtah
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Nice photos guys. I almost forgot what stillwater looked like.
  5. willburrrr2003 Member

everett, WA.
    Fantastic pics!! Glad to hear everyone had a great day out there, and that some nice fish were caught! Sorry I missed you guys, picked up my toon but have to do a few things to it before I put it on the water... I will be out on the water with it soon though :D
  6. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    Chef, what is that cross bar you have on the front off the foot pegs? And you realize, the pontoons are on backwards. The name should be in the front, then the tie downs are ALL used. Or maybe you have a reason for it.
  7. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Blue: I wish I coudl say that I have a reason for putting the pontoons on like that but to be honest, I dont! :) I will be making the change sometime soon! I was gonna email Alan and ask him how he tied down the back deck but now I know... I am a dumb ass! :)

The cross bar was something made by my fishing buddy (JC). It basically holds the rod at a tilt so I can troll with my oars versus fins (cold in winter to use the fins for me). Its a great rig up and one I love. Before, I would just lay my rod on one of my toons but if I did that on Sunday.... a fish hit so hard that it would have taken my rod underwater. Also in the pic is a belt he makes and sells. It holds the rod and gives a little more protection from it going overboard. I have a great artical that was given to me by JC that mentions loosing rods in the water. Kinda scares ya a little bit. I love the rig up and works great for me.
  8. flyfishing59 Member

"Howdy ALL" JC here. Looks like a great day for wetting your line. Lov the pictures Loren. Looks like a great time. My loss for not making it.
  9. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Still trying to vision how that works Chef. But looks very well made JC...nice and clean.
  10. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    ahhh... its awesome. One of the best things that was added on the pontoon. Saved my rod a few times.
  11. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Care to share HOW it works?
  12. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    The cross bar is placed on top of two bars made from crutches. JC makes a belt that has a holder that holds the rod by the reel. Then you lay the rod on the cross bar and troll with the oars. This system makes it easy to grad the rod when there is a hit. I used to just lay the rod on the toon but it almost went overboard one day.

I hope this helps.

I will let JC fill in the rest.
  13. Loren Jensen Active Member

blue: it probably seems more complicated then what it is..it is pretty cool. i might make one for myself. pretty functional at a low build cost.

thanks jc for the compliment!
  14. Trout Master Active Member

isnt this what rods holders are made for? This bar crutch thingie looks like it would be in the way of casting, retrieving line etc.
  15. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    I was thinking the same thing, that is why I asked for pictures. Plus, how does this work with the sliding platform?
  16. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    hasent gottan in the way of anything yet. Can cast, retrieve, strip line, and net fish.

I dont use the sliding platform. its only used to stand on right? dont plan on trying to stand.....
  17. Trout Master Active Member

Chef what about fishing chronnies? with the roll bar in the way how do you position your fly rod in front of you low to the water?
  18. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    You know, your sitterdowner doesn't get as sore if you stand once in awhile...LOL Just sayin' That is why I got a standerupper.
  19. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    blue: you are much smaller then me.... height and weight. :)

Trout: I havent figured out everything yet but I can just reach over and take the bar off.
  20. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    speaking of chornies trout.... we need to talk off line.