Lone Lake this evening

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, Aug 3, 2007.

1. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    I am heading there late this afternoon for an evening bite. Have not seen any recent reports lately.
    Hints? suggestions?
    Otherwise I plan to pound the water with the imfamous Ceviche special - along with a cold beer or two.

thanks-dp
  2. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    great - so I'm replying to my own message. Lone fished great on Friday. Thanks to a two hour ferry wait, I was not on the water till 7:00 and I had a a lot of catching up to do as my buddy was there since 4:00. He already had 7 to hand. Only one other person on the lake with us at any time.
    Fishing was good. We fished into the darkness of the night with olive buggers (the only fly we used). Fished ranged from 12-18 inches. By end of night, Dave S had landed close to 20 fish and I finished with 10.

dp
  3. johnk Active Member

Tunkwa Lake, BC
    Ratings: +139 / 0
    If you're talking about Lone Lake outside of Freeland that is the only Washington lake I have ever fished. I am located at Tunkwa Lake and I don't get down there much but green bloodworms work great there. CandyCane Chironomids also produce well when PT nymphs aren't working.
  4. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Dave,
    Thanks for the fishing report! How did the water look at Lone? Is the bloom still there, how bad?
    Thanks
    Scott
  5. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    the bloom was there, real small light green flecks in water. Did not foul up the gear and the weeds are prety much in check as well. Only weeded up when I stopped and let the line get down a bit more (intermediate).
    Was actually surprised at how well the lake fished. Will be going back soon.

Also note: My buddy stayed over and fished in the morning. Picked up 7.

Denny Rickards olive and orane seal bugger.

dp
  6. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Thanks Dave, appreciate the specifics. I'm going to try to get over there sometime next week.
    Scott