Lone Lake visit 2/9

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    Jeff:

Thanks for the offer on the propane, I'll go ahead and bring mine. Just have to let them know I have it.

MB
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +159 / 0
    I wanna go!!!!!! But the wife has planned an Eagle Float on the Skagit River on Saturday... GRRRRRRR!!! Some one post pictures and reports after the trip if you can. The good news for me though is I have two four day weekends in a row. So after this Eagle Float its game time..,.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  3. jimmydub Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    Sounds like Lone needs a name change. Good luck out there tomorrow everyone, I'm looking forward to reading the report already!
    Jeff Dodd and dbfly like this.
  4. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +948 / 4
    James, there's always room in the Cruz for you and your tube!
  5. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +159 / 0
    My tube is way huge.. Its a 12ft frameless Scadden. When myself and Thomas floated the Wynoochee my for little Eveo cried.. My wife is now debating on going on the Eagle float so maybe I will get lucky and get a pass for the day..
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +163 / 5
    I was able to go do a little scouting this afternoon. I completed my honey-do's around 1:30 so I tossed my quickie boat in the truck and was on the water before 2:00. It was a little cloudy with a slight breeze off and on. The takes were very subtle and I missed several. Had 6 to the net and LDR'd 2 more. They all where nice fish 18-21 inches but only one fought very hard. Fished until 5:00 and then headed home.
  7. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 0
    Steve
    Thanks for the report.
    Your did much better than the morning shift crew. They all trotted the same. SLOW

See you on the water!
  8. Nick Clayton Active Member

Sounds encouraging, Islander. Thanks for the report. I should be getting up there around 7 or so. I'll be in a green Fat Cat.
  9. Nick Clayton Active Member

Great time up there today! Was great to meet and hang out with everyone. The brats were a welcome treat at lunch time! I'm glad Steve showed up to help me with the Crown. Sure was a cold one.

Too bad the fishing didn't cooperate. It was slllloooooowww. I had 2 to hand and 2 ldr's for my efforts. One fish on a leech, one on a pumpkinhead. Nobody seemed to be able to get much going on. But I won't complain... The weather wasn't too horrible, the company was fantastic, and the food/drink was great. Not much to complain about there.
    jimmydub likes this.
  10. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 0
    Yes, a fun day for sure, and a the brat did hit the spot! Thank you. Steve, Roper ,Steve, Gregg, Nick and Steve!
    Even got to say a quick Hi to Stonefish as I rowed for shore and my son's little league baseball tryouts

I had a fish early on a streamer against the bank and then two fishing. the indicator with a size 14 red chironomid with black bead head. Slow but fun impromptu WFF.COM stillwater outing
  11. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    Good to see all of you and always a pleasure to fire up the barbie for a hot lunch. Crown, there was Crown? Tough day for me , one fish on, one to the net.

What a crew. I figure that Roper will be posting some pictures when he gets the chance.

Jeff, hope the tryouts when well for the kids.

Until the next outing, cheers!

Scott , AKA MB
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  12. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +102 / 0
    Like I said....mmmmmm Crown Royal!!! Thanks Nick, good brat Scott, had fun today getting skunked!!! Oh wait, I caught a good BUZZ!
    Islander likes this.
  13. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,152 / 1
    Jeff & Nick,
    Good to see you today. Tough day for me, 0 for 2.
    SF
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  14. jimmydub Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    Sounds like a fun day on the water, no doubt! Glad to hear there were some fish caught as well.
  15. Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

N. Edmonds / Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Good times. I had the opportunity to meet Nick, and chat/dine with some great folks I have met a time or two.

It was pretty slow out there. I went 4/5 and had a couple good slams as we approached darkness. My best luck came with the "desperation" fly of the day, a white leach that was way too big for lake fishing.;) Sometimes you just have to think outside the box when nothing else is working. Often doesn't work, but once and awhile you might stumble into some blind luck.
    Ron McNeal, jimmydub and Jeff Dodd like this.
  16. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +163 / 5
    Other than the crappy weather is was a lot of fun fishing and BSing with everyone. Big thanks to Scott and all those that brought food and drink. I had 4 in the morning but only managed one more and an LDR in the afternoon. I was hoping it would warm up (and fish better) in the late afternoon for you guys that hung around. The only disappointment was not having Ira there to see my new killer chironomid set up. He loves it when I dabble in the Dark Arts.
    Jeff Dodd and Irafly like this.