Lone lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Earthquake, Apr 8, 2014.

1. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

earthquake, like that bug you tied. brown with copper rib, dark bead ?
    must break out the bobber & mid. been fishing the sink line leech so far. yep its time.

2. johnk

johnk Active Member

Careful......I may take you up on your offer!

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  3. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Media:
    Yeah, I like crappy lakes that are stubborn about giving up fish. You get a lot of low fishing pressure days by yourself. If you don't see posts of your lake over at WashingtonLakes, then you know you got a winner.

After a year or two, you then start landing the jumbo trout while softly giggling to your self.

--Dave

4. Big Laker

Big Laker New Member

I thought this thread would go at least 5 pages:). I apologize Earthquake and everybody. The internet has made it just a little to easy for the masses, instead of having to put tons of time on the water and common sense, now you can google it. I grew up before internet and cell phones so I learned the hard way by trial and error and watching/talking with other anglers. Jealous; maybe a little bit! I give everybody permission to fish my lake:D. After I win the mega mega millions; not so much. Have a good opener.

Jeff Dodd and Islander like this.
  5. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

side note. i have not fished streamer/minnow patterns much in lakes. was thinking (i know) of using some Muddlers this year. would i be the only fly guy fishing these for our west side lakes, or do some of you use them also ?

6. Islander

Islander Steve

I've used Muddlers with success in many Westside lakes. Don't use them that much lately as they are (for me anyway) difficult to tie.

Ron McNeal likes this.
  7. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

Islander, good to hear that maybe i am not totally nuts. I have also used them in the past, but mostly for Crappie and small bass. my thoughts this year are to put more flash in some Muddlers and see if they will draw some interest from some trout that aren't interested in my leeches/buggers.

8. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Media:

Several years ago, I was fishing a lake with a friend out of a canoe with an electric motor. Whenever we would transit a stretch of water he would lose the muddler he negligently dragging behind us. We were cruising along at a pretty good clip, but a fish would manage to come out of nowhere and break his fly off.

--Dave

Jeff Dodd and Ron McNeal like this.