looking around spokane

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Eric Denny, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Media:
    Too big of a boat. And every piece of moving water in the state opens June 1st so there will be multiple better options than that, including the Spokane itself

flyfishingeric1 likes this.
  2. Jeff

Jeff Member

I grew up near the Little Spokane river and while I didn't fish it when I lived out that way, I did in my early 20's when I'd go home to visit my parents. I've also heard that it is one of the few rivers in the US that is actually owned by the people living on it, but don't know all the details on how this plays out with access and high water mark, etc.

The river has fish though, or a least did back 15 years ago. It was great fishing with nymphs for rainbows, which I assumed were Redbands, and plenty of whitefish. There were supposed to also be browns in the river from previous stocking programs in the past that had established themselves, but I never caught any.

I think I fished the river 20 or 30 times and had good success at all times of year. It sure is a pretty little river!

-Jeff

3. Krusty

Krusty Krusty Old Effer

That would, indeed, be a very big boat for the Little Spokane, even in June....and in September we'd be dragging it through the riffles. My kayak, which is a wide SOT that draws minimal water, ends up scraping through those sections by late summer.