looking for a drift boat

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by J Nordwell, Jan 24, 2007.

1. J Nordwell New Member

Camas, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Well my tax return is going to be good enough for a drift boat. not new but new to me. Does anybody have one for sale say 3500-4000 grand??
  2. klintd Member

South Sound
    In that price range you might be able to get one from one from Hyde or Clak that has been refurbished. You can check out their used boats online.
  3. cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

Arlington
    Ratings: +332 / 0
    Keep an eye on craigslist and the nickel adds. There's been a few good deals on craigslist recently. They pop up all the time.
  4. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    look into rafts, you could get a brandy new raft with that much dough, and raft's have no limits water wise. with a good frame a raft is just as nice as a hard boat as well.
  5. J Nordwell New Member

Camas, Washington
    the problem with a raft is I got 2 little kids and really don't like the idea of patches!! I checked into hyde and clacka. Even used they are just out of ny range.
  6. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Hey man look at craigslist Portland. There are 3 in your price range. Two Alum. and a nice smaller Clack all 3 under 4,000.
  7. johnmetcalfe New Member

WA
    Check ou Red's fly shop out on the web. During the summer they had 5 drift boats for sale. New and used. Good luck.:thumb:
    Jm
  8. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +139 / 3
    I have a glassed over wood boat I will be selling. As soon as it warms enough to take some pictures.
  9. J Nordwell New Member

Camas, Washington
    Well I just bought a Clackacraft fly bench. Its 16 ft has seating for 3 plus rowman. Its a 05 used and certified by Clackacraft. A little more then I wanted to spend but I think I'll be happy for many years to come.
  10. bigtj Member

Victoria, BC
    That is a great boat. You will be glad you spent a little more. It will truly last a lifetime.
  11. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    congrats! clackas rule!