Looking for first toon. Help please.

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Danielocean, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

This depends on how often you use it. Vinyl can be okay. Just heavier than Urethane. The outer cover would be more a concern I would think. Try to find a PVC coated over the nylon covers.
    If you are going to hit it hard and heavy, then nothing wrong with spending more. I do believe you get what you pay for.
    The frame is another issue. Aluminum for the weight factor. Check welds.
    Skykomish is a nice boat for sure. Might want to look a little further into the U shaped pontoons. There is a day / night difference between them and the two individual pontoons.

2. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

I would stay away from a vinyl bladder. I bought a bucks bag used off of this forum that had a vinyl bladder. I got two trips out of it before I had a problem with the seam. I would go with the better bladder material. If I were to buy another (I have a skyhomish and a bucks bag that is lighter but mostly used for a loaner) it will be a frame-less. I never use these as often as I had expected and the set up time and weight are deterrents to how often that I use them.

3. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    Vinyls certainly don't have the stamina of Urethane, but I know a bunch of people that have Vinyl bladdered boats. Outcast offers a few. I still think the outer cover is the important part.
    Frameless is awesome specially for transporting, but I do so love my framed boat. Sit higher out of the water.