Looking for help on the salt for salmon

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Thomas Williams, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I have yet to fish for salmon in the sound and was wondering if anyone would be willing to let me tag along on there boat to give it a shot. I have all the gear I need and im more than willing to provide gas money, hell ill make an awesome lunch for everybody. I keep seeing dime bright fish in posts and its killen me. Please help! :confused:

2. Beachmen

Beachmen Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    i know how you feel. the nice thing about seeing all those fish is that most of them are landed from shore. the best thing to do if you really want to get out for salmon is go to your local fly shop and get a few herring patterns. hit your local beaches and best find a point in open water to fish from. use and 8wt with a sink tip. also look for good rip tides and jumping bait.

where do you live?

3. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I live in Puyallup, I received a good tip from a local fly shop about some beaches heating up and plan to go there this weekend. I have a 10' 8wt with a multi-tip line setup so I should be able to bruise some gums hopefully. Even considered rowing my pontoon out into the sound. Dont quite know if it really good for it but heck im in the market for a scadden anyways;). If you ever want to hook-up and fish let me know. Ive met a few others on this site and enjoy getting to know new people and broadening contacts.

4. Beachmen

Beachmen Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    oh yea i know what you mean. i love meating new people. i my self am a production fly tier and am always out fishing on the kitsap peninsula so if your out in gig harbor let me know.