Looking for info on Soap and Rattlesnake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Islander, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    I'm over in Ephrata for a shooting competition and was thinking of hitting Soap Lake. Anyone have any info on if it's fishable or is it too hot? I was also thinking of trying Rattlesnake on the way home. It's up by Cedar Falls off of 90. Anyone fish that one recently? Thanks, Steve
  2. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,108 / 0
    as far as I know Soap Lake is barren
  3. bakerite Active Member

Baker City Oregon
    Ratings: +82 / 0
    Soap Lake is barren. As you go down that coulee the lakes get more Alkaline. So Lenore is only suitable habitat for the Lahoatin (sp, sorry) The closest water that would probably fish well is Rocky Ford. I would check the lakes for temperature before fishing....It's probably pretty warm in that part of the state. Lenore and Dry Falls are both good special regulation waters.
  4. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Well, I guess I'll scratch Soap off the list! Thanks for the info.
  5. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Just came back to Spokane that way yesterday. Lenore looks like crap, algae mats floating everywhere, off color water
    and not a soul on it. Stopped at the Dry Falls overlook, no one on it either. Saw one fish dimple the surface in about 10
    minutes. I watched 3 coyotes sneak and try to ambush some baby ducks, actually going into the water after them. No
    luck for the coyotes. I've never seen that before. As far as the fishing I would say check out Rocky Ford.
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Wow, just looked on the map. I didn't realize I was so close to Rocky Ford. It's just a few miles from where I'm staying. I'll probably run over there early in the morning just to check it out. I've never been there but heard you can watch some big fish swim around.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  7. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,034 / 1
    There was a good "old people" hatch going on in Soap on Friday morning. They were there for the "healing waters" and the mud. I'd never seen a gathering like that before.
  8. Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +156 / 0
    So, did you make any new friends? - or get healed?
  9. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,034 / 1

I was a tad further north at Blue Lake. Too hot and the fish were wayyyy deep.
  10. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    Wondering when I went by Friday afternoon, lots of people in the water and both campgrounds looked like "Ghetto Camping"
    going on. Didn't have time to stop and get healed up!:)
  11. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    Bring the rod, tie on a scud, and catch a couple of those zombies.